Any advantages to buying from Apple?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Habusho, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Habusho macrumors 6502

Hi, I was wondering what the difference was if I were to buy a macbook pro from somebody besides Apple. I've read here that Apple has outright replaced some faulty macbook pros after months of use, would they do the same thing if I was to buy from another vendor?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yes, the warranty is the same regardless of where you purchase the computer.

3. olliebraves20 macrumors regular

Also an advantage is that if you are a student you would get 200 dollars off the MacBook Pro....as well as discounts for anything you decided to customize.....but that all depends on if your a student or not.

4. Stratification macrumors regular

Refurbished Macs are my biggest reason to buy direct from Apple. Used to be able to save on Tax from Amazon, but that doesn't appear to be the case anymore. My last couple of Amazon orders have had tax added.

5. Habusho thread starter macrumors 6502

If I bought outside of Apple would they do an exchange let's say a month down the line if there were to be a problem with the system though?

6. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

The warranty would be the same but a reseller might have a better return policy than Apple. However, your local Apple store might help you outside of Apple's policy.

Generally, after a month you are looking at sending in a MBP for repair. Most places won't do an exchange.

7. Habusho thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, with my first macbook pro that had the yellow tint problem, and after a few months of use I walked into the apple store and demanded an outright replacement and actually got one. My question is would they still replace computers bought outside of their stores or online store. The mbp I would buy would be my only business computer and I can't do without it for even one day.