Any advice for programming Noob?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by macbook pro i5, Oct 21, 2011.

1. macbook pro i5, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2011

macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Like the tittle says I am a noob I know practically nothing in programming I have a little base in c but that's it any books any other tips to learn iOS development?

Please help?:(

2. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I am a beginner in programming as well. Search some Stanford University CS (computer science) iOS programming courses on iTunes U -- they have been a great help to me so far. Just make sure you actually spend the time doing the homework assignments and read the texts -- just watching the videos won't be much help - you gotta write code yourself and solve problems using what you've learned.

I'm still working on learning objective-c and cocoa touch.

Good luck!

3. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Well I have created one app which is pretty basic it is a text app with a button and a background that was hard enough.also can you get iOS devs to tutor you?

4. firewood macrumors 604

You will get farther faster if you learn to program hard stuff in an easy language, than trying to do easy stuff in a more complicated language/framework environment, such as Xcode for iOS.

So try something like a educational python tutorial, and do the problem sets.

5. macbook pro i5 thread starter macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

What about java?