Any advice for unlocking AT&T iPhone 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by evan3168, Sep 19, 2014.

1. evan3168 macrumors newbie

Any advice for unlocking an AT&T iPhone 5S without having to wait the 14-day period after I just got the iPhone 6 today? Services to use? Anybody have AT&T reps do an immediate unlock for them? The guy I was just on chat with would not budge at all about immediately unlocking for me (whether because he truly wasn't able to or didn't want to, I don't know)

I used Swift Unlocks last year with my 4S, but it was much cheaper and had a quicker turnaround than what's offered for the 5S. Just looking for options. Thanks!

2. evan3168 thread starter macrumors newbie

Bump. Anyone have success getting an immediate unlock?

3. jtgamer macrumors member

Just do it though At&T. Since I was upgraded via NEXT, I was able to get my unlock my request in 2 minutes after i sent my request.

4. sunshinecourt9 macrumors member

sunshinecourt9

AT&T Denied me when I tried to unlock my 5s due to a contract. I purchased the 6+ with another 2 years. If I use a site that I need to pay for unlocking can my 5s be unlocked or am I stuck?

5. jtgamer macrumors member

I think the phone is still locked if you did an early upgrade since that contract is not done until the end of that contract term. Only way they would lock it is basicly an actual upgrade, switching to NEXT or ETF. Naturally, there are 3rd party unlocking services, which does work but with the recent changes, cost a bit more from last year.

6. evan3168 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also upgraded via Next (switched from 2-year to Next, maybe you went Next to Next?) and have been denied three separate unlocking requests now. I even live chatted a rep and pushed pretty hard to get an immediate unlock and was not helped at all.

7. lke macrumors 6502a

I buy an unlock directly from ebay, find the best seller based on positive feedback and search for a good price.

I think I pay less than $15 and in 24 hours my ATT iphone was unlocked.

8. shaunmed macrumors regular

9. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

$15? Nice! I paid almost three times that.

10. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

I too am wondering how to go about this. I have contacted at&t and they will not budge. I might have to resort to an unlocking service such as swifunlocks.
    I used the 2 weeks ago for my 5s and now I will be using it for my wife's 5s.
    Pretty annoying.

11. pumperx macrumors newbie

Just pay 6~10 bucks on eBay. That's works for me.