Any advice on a new printer appreciated.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by blinkie, Oct 5, 2010.

1. blinkie macrumors regular

Hello,

My printer has finally given up the ghost. It's a Cannon S330 Photo. It's served us really well. I've been content with the photo quality, the inks are cheap to replace, and the printer is not too big or bulky.
    But now I need to buy a replacement. A printer with the same positive attributes plus (maybe) wi-fi.
    Any ideas or opinions would be very welcome.

blinkie.

2. troy14 macrumors 6502a

I have the Canon MP560 and I love the printer. I'm not a photo expert by any means, so I'm not sure what my opinion is really worth... It prints my documents, pictures, etc, fine with no problems & is easy to use.

That behind said, if I was going to get a new printer I'd get an Epson and look into a CISS (continous ink supply system).... I hear Epsons are extremely easy to modify to use these systems, Canon's not so much. That's just me trying to save money on ink though, I print a LOT of powerpoints.

3. blinkie thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks,
    I was looking at that printer (or one very similar) in a shop. I thought it looked pretty big. But then so did all the others. That seems to be the fashion at the moment. I agree with the ink cost. I used to have an Epson but I found that it really didn't like any non-epson ink so I've stayed clear of them since. Maybe that's changed.