Price Advice any advices for my situation

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tamu, Apr 17, 2012.

1. tamu, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012

tamu macrumors newbie

I bought my MBA 11'' 4GB ram, 128gb 7 months ago. I kept watching the news about upcoming MBA in mid 2012. I decided to sell it. on Amazon, one guy just made purchase of my MBA yesterday of $970 ( I received $910 after Amazon commission). Do you think it is a good price to sell it?

I will loose $200 for this one + add $ 200 more for upcoming one. Totally I need to pay $400 more.

If I sell it now, I have to use my old Dell computer until new air is launched ( nobody knows exactly date yet).

Should I sell it? Is it worth waiting for it?

Sorry if I ask dumped questions

2. /user/me macrumors 6502

You said someone already bought it so I'm confused as to what you're asking. If you're happy paying 400, then you sold it for the right price. You could have gotten closer to 1100 depending on the model though.

3. tamu thread starter macrumors newbie

I have option of canceling the order. My laptop is perfect condition look like brand new one. I never took it out of case. How can you sell it for 1100?

Macbook air 2011, i5 4GBs Ram, and 128 GB

4. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

You're late asking the question to sell it if you have already listed and sold it through Amazon. Not fair to others if you waste their time.

5. /user/me macrumors 6502

How can you cancel the order if you already received payment? I do believe that may be interpreted as scamming.

You can post it for sale for 1100 and wait for someone to buy it.. Unless they can buy it new for cheaper. I'm not sure how much yours would cost because there isn't enough info about your computer.

6. tamu thread starter macrumors newbie

I need to confirm shipping before Amazon process to transfer money to my account. Before shipping, I still have option of canceling the item.

I tried to ask for advice before I want to send to the laptop to receive the payment. I am sorry if I make you too confused.

7. /user/me macrumors 6502

Thanks for the clarification. I understand much better now :). If you're comfortable for selling it for that much, then sell it..

8. pil0tflame macrumors member

My advice is to figure this stuff out before you go posting it to Amazon, not after. :)

I understand that Amazon's system allows you to still cancel the order, but by doing so you're abusing the system and wasting the buyer's time. I can assure you that "seller's remorse" is not a legitimate reason to cancel a sale. No one forced you sell your MBA so suddenly or at the price you listed it.

Be responsible and follow through with your commitment. Also consider that if you cancel this sale, you're very likely to receive negative feedback which can make future sales through Amazon more difficult.

9. tamu thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I agreed with you. I decided to shop my MBA tomorrow. It is worth waiting for new update from Apple

10. rovitotv macrumors member

I sold my 2010 MBA 11" and regret it

I sold my 2010 MBA 11" in on eBay and regret it. I got a good price for it and my job supplies me with a nice Mac Book Pro. Yet I still regret that I sold it. So now I have been watching prices like a hawk especially on refurbs and will buy another one when the time is right. My advice is for you to think long and hard before you sell it.

11. pil0tflame macrumors member

Glad to hear it. :) Enjoy your new MBA when you get it. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Apple brings to the MBA this year.