Any alternative to the mac numeric keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Jul 3, 2009.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

I am thinking of getting an apple numeric keyboard from the apple store for my umbp, but before I do the purchase I want to find out if there is any alternative to the wired keyboard (from the $49 price range or lower with 2 usb ports). If anyone has any suggestions please let me know thanks

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...there are very few offerings for good BT number pads that I've found...

For wireless, Logitech makes a nice unit for $30, Targus makes one for $30 also but I bought that on clearance for $15 and wouldn't pay any more than that for one = the USB dongle is huge so I have to use a short USB extension with it on my MB (my eeePC has 3 ports so the single on the left is used for this item)...

You could also get any USB wired number pad for $8 - $15 and most of them have built in USB ports also...

Look at www.newegg.com for 'em...

3. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

I looked into logitech and they don't seem to have any similar wired 2-usb keyboard as the mac keyboard.

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...why don't you just get a number pad to use = much easier to carry around when needed...

5. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

Its not the fact that I need the numeric pad, hell I can live without it. I am just trying to find out if there is any other similar keyboard with the two usb 2.0 ports instead of making a wrong choice of paying $50. If I'm not making a mistake, then I'll definitely buy the official keyboard.