Any Alternatives to ChapterDB.org?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by LeicaM8, Dec 14, 2013.

1. LeicaM8 macrumors member

LeicaM8

Hi,
    looking to see if there are any other sites like ChapterDB.org where I can also look for chapter markers for my videos? I left them out of my rips for a long time and now working to fix this oversight using Subler. (A great app I donated to author for, too!) Problem is, I'm caught in google search term hell trying to find sites to find things which aren't on ChapterDB.
    Help!
    :D
    Richard in Michigan

2. jtrascap macrumors newbie

Did you ever find an alternative? Chapterdb.org has been offline for a few days now with no signs of getting back online..

3. rayward macrumors 68000

Not at initial release, but some time later, the chapter data will show up on Barnes and Noble's site. That's the only consistent alternative I've found.

4. Cinephi1e macrumors regular

Another vote for Barnes & Noble website for chapter data. You can copy this data and paste it here:
    http://www.bb3cms.com/tools/chapterize.php
    and it will convert it into a suitable format for input into Subler.

5. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

Neat trick, though I'm finding I need to add a 0 chapter of like 20-30 seconds to get things to match up (taking account for studio logos etc).

6. LeicaM8 thread starter macrumors member

LeicaM8

Nope. Not myself, but this Barnes & Noble thing sounds interesting. :D

7. The Mad Hatter macrumors 6502a

The Mad Hatter

MetaX does a good job for me pulling up chapter titles <knock on wood>. That's mainly what I use that app for, as I prefer Subler for the rest of my metadata'n.

8. rayward macrumors 68000

They have very detailed information on every movie they sell - including a Scene Index. As stated before, though, for new releases the index usually just says "Scene 1...Scene 2..." (as did ChapterBD for quite a few new releases).

9. VideoBeagle macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say "every" .. in fact for the first few I checked...releases from about a year ago (I can't recall which I was trying with though).. nothing. I was able to find them for TMNT and Cannonball Run (next things I tried).

10. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Yet, it has been reincarnated!