Any alternatives to Cleaner?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ezekielrage_99, Jan 15, 2008.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Just wondering if anyone knows if there an automated post production application out there like Autodesk Cleaner which isn't as expensive?

Cheers :apple:

2. theWholeTruth macrumors member

How about...

...Apple's Compressor or Quicktime Pro?

3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you want something w/simialr functionality to Cleaner the price tag is going to be in the same ball park as well. If we knew your compression needs we could better point you in the right direction.

Lethal

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I'm just looking for some cheaper alternatives to Cleaner, with the same functionality. I need it for work but my bosses are too tight to purchase a copy of Cleaner XL or Cleaner 6.5...

Basically we need a product that can be set for automated outputs of broadcast quality MPEG-2 and Quicktime Movies for the web. I know Cleaner can do this very easily however where I work wont fork out the money for it, they keep telling me it's a waste of capital.

The joys of doing broadcast weather graphics and being completely under resourced :rolleyes:

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I don't know of anything cheap that is Cleaner-like but I'd look into QuickTime Pro or FFMpegX for budget considerations and maybe w/some basic scripts you could get the automation you need. For apps that are like Cleaner (including the price point) there is Episode (by the Flip4Mac guys), Sorenson Squeeze, and Compressor (although not a bargain unless you'd use the rest of the Final Cut Studio 2 suite).

Lethal