Any alternatives to Spotify and Apple Music?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Slobdiddy, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Slobdiddy macrumors newbie

Having just bought the AW4 I was surprised to learn that Spotify wont work on a standalone basis (AW only functions as remote).

Before subscribing to Apple Music, just want to check if there are other similar services out there that I should consider?

Many thanks!

2. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Apple Music is the only music service you can use on the watch if you want to store music on it. That’s why I just subbed to it and keeping my google play music. Sucks I’m. Paying for both but google also gives me YouTube premium as well

3. Slobdiddy thread starter macrumors newbie

That’s helpful thanks. Apple Music only has its own radio stations right? So there is no way to play my favourite radio stations?

4. Closingracer macrumors 68040

? Not really sure I don’t use that feature. I guess so ? If you mean like radio stations like you can get in your car then no you can’t . Only app that offers that is iheart radio?

5. Slobdiddy thread starter macrumors newbie

Does iheartradio work with Apple Watch? I’m not in the us and you can only download from us App Store and I’ll work out how to do this if someone confirms that it will work with AW4. Thanks

6. musicpenguy macrumors 65832

Pandora has announced they will soon have a standalone app for Apple Watch!

7. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Probably not ? I really don’t know what you mean by radio stations lol. Like the ones on Spotify and so forth or traditional radio stations you’re looking for ?

8. Slobdiddy thread starter macrumors newbie

I want traidtional radio stations - so an app that works like tunein radio