Any aperture 3 users able to help me?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mr.Noisy, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Sorry if this is a repeat post, but i'm trying to use Aperture 3 in my workflow more and more, but I have hit a problem, So in photoshop cs4 I open a Tiff, choose desaturate an image, then use the hidden tool brush to bring colour back, if i get a straight edge i.e. along a wall I can click at point A and hold command + shift then click on point B and that produces one long brush stroke,
    Now my question is can this be done in Aperture 3? I have chosen Black and white in Adjustments then from the cog chosen 'Brush Black & white away' but can't work out how to make one long stroke? this is baffling me, any help would be greatly received and appreciated :)

thank's

2. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

You cannot create a straight brush stroke in Aperture aside from manually drawing it. Point A to B marking is not possible.

Just draw you line in Aperture, and then clean it up using the brush and eraser.

3. Mr.Noisy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Thanks cosmokanga2, it's true what they say about coming from photoshop to Aperture is a bit of a learning curve, but i'm enjoying using Aperture, i'm gonna stick with it but I think it's time to use the Wacom for this kinda stuff, thanks for replying anyway ;)