Any aperture 3 users able to help......Please

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mr.Noisy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Hi, i'm fairly new to A3, but here's the problem, I import my RAW (nef) files into aperture choosing to store files in their current location, then I edit the file, and export to cs4 for further editing, but this is the problem, when I export the file as a .psd to cs4 for editing But it is also saving a copy to the original location of the RAW file ? any idea's whats wrong here or what i'm doing wrong :confused:

thanks

2. chrfr macrumors 603

I don't think anything is wrong. Aperture needs to write a file somewhere for Photoshop to open it. What is your concern, exactly? Perhaps I'm not understanding your question.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This is likely more of a feature than an issue. It is ensuring that whole non-destructive editing thing. I don't see why it is a "sky is falling" type of issue for you though.

4. OreoCookie macrumors 68030

I'm not sure whether you're using the correct feature: if you want to send a file to photoshop to edit it, you should not export it, but use Edit with ``Photoshop'' (either right-click the image and select the first item or press Shift + Command + O. Aperture generates a psd file (or a tiff if you so choose), sends it to Photoshop and then you can edit it to your heart's content. If you save it in Photoshop, it automatically gets updated in Aperture.

If that's what you're doing (and from what you write, I'm not sure you are), then you're doing it as intended. You do not send the RAW file to Photoshop as this isn't what Aperture is intended to do and hence, Aperture needs to create a separate file of a rendered copy of the image.

5. Mr.Noisy, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

Mr.Noisy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

Thanks for your time OreoCookie and the fast reply,Problem resolved, re-installed Aperture, and imported just the Nikon RAW files, export 16 bit .psd to cs4 for external editing, and no more files being saved on my original file location, oh and now i'm using the shift+cmd+O thing, thanks again ;)