Any app/extension to export to PDF on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MrMister111, Oct 22, 2014.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

On an iPhone is there an app or extension that allows from safari to export the web page direct to a PDF file?

Can't seem to find any, there's an iPad version called PDF converter, but it's iPad only. Obviously free is better ;)

2. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68020

3. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Are you wanting to convert web pages to PDF on the iPhone? If so, I just did a quick Google search and this app came up: PDF Export Lite. Seems like it's able to convert HTML to PDF.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Also found this article on OS X daily. Not sure if it works on iOS 8 but worth a try as an alternative to using an app.

4. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Share extensions would be perfect for this, but I have yet to see any iPhone apps that have them. I'm sure some will come out in time.

I use an app called PDF Printer. Basically, to convert a web page, you load the page in the app's built-in browser, then you can easily save it to a PDF. It allows upload to various cloud services as well. It looks like the app Hustler1337 recommended takes the same approach (built-in browser) to PDF conversion.

5. NoBoMac macrumors 68000

And this app also does PDF:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fileapp-file-manager-document/id297804694?mt=8

I've never had great success with the various apps generating quality PDF. If wanting something for reference purposes, and not going to be publishing/sharing where it has to be pretty/100% accurate, then these apps work ok.

Otherwise, wait until you get to a non-iOS device and print.

6. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

I installed Printopia on my desktop computer. It makes any printer on my network an iOS compatible AirPrint printer. It also allows me to save to my desktop computer anything as PDF, even website pages from Safari.