any app for playing videos from local wireless hard driver?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zxcvb, Oct 8, 2010.

1. zxcvb macrumors regular

zxcvb

I was searching an APP for streaming video from home wireless hard drive but failed. anyone please suggest an App that has that function.

The format of my videos on local wireless driver is AVI and MP4

Thanks

2. mistertomlinson macrumors 6502

This is what I use. It's not actually an app for your phone, but a small app that runs a server on your computer. You just type your computer's IP address into your iPhone's address bar in Safari (I've bookmarked it on my homescreen) It does exactly what you're asking for, but the movies obviously have to be in an iPhone friendly format, so the AVIs wont play. You can also set it up to be used outside your network, but you're gonna have to forward some ports in your router in order for it to work. Once setup, you can watch all your iPhone formatted videos on your iPhone FROM your computer.

As long as the wireless hard drive is connected/mounted on your computer, you can access it.

3. dokindo macrumors regular

Air Video does this and will play almost any format you have

4. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

+1 AirVideo is great. I bought the full version because I use it at least once a day. I also managed to get the remote access player to work for awhile but I shut it off due to viruses (on my windows pc)