Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I'm sick of closing each App one at a time as it drains off batt unneccessarily. Is there an App that closes all the Apps?

Last edited by a moderator:

stormchaser

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
UK
I use a battery monitor app from the App Store and that shuts off anything that's currently running in the background. I know it works as I was listening to music when I opened it and everything stopped.

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
I use a battery monitor app from the App Store and that shuts off anything that's currently running in the background. I know it works as I was listening to music when I opened it and everything stopped.

Can u elaborate what's this batt monitor?

Benjamins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
I'm sick of closing each App one at a time as it drains off batt unneccessarily. Is there an App that closes all the Apps?

your app is essentially closed within seconds after you press the home button or switch to another app.

.Asa

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

Closing apps one at a time is completely unnecessary. Apps in the multitasking switcher are either suspended, or not running at all. (Unless they are playing music, downloading something, or finishing a task.) They do not drain the battery at all.

novetan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Closing apps one at a time is completely unnecessary. Apps in the multitasking switcher are either suspended, or not running at all. (Unless they are playing music, downloading something, or finishing a task.) They do not drain the battery at all.

If that is the case, then all the info I recieved from friends are all wrong. They always advise its better to close the Apps to conserve batt.

Ok, i won't bother.

Really good to know now.

Tks all.

jenni122701

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2013
(Western) North Carolina, USA
I have always made sure to close any apps when Im not using them, on my iPad and iPhone too. I always heard having a bunch on there would cause slow down. Maybe not. Now its habit, so I do it without even thinking. :-/

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Of course apps running in the background drain battery! Try locking your iPhone with Facebook still running in the background, and watch how your battery drains.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.