Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Habusho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Hi, I've recently gotten into lossless quality flac files. I'm going to run an extremely high end audio setup at home and I'm going to run my MBP as a music server sometimes. Is there a program that would verify if audio files are in fact lossless quality? In other words, it would check the freq. range etc. and verify if they are lossless quality. The files came as flac files but that doesn't mean the source was a cd. They could also have been HQ MP3s converted into Flac format. Any idea?

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
Your ears?

I mean, if they don't sound bad to you, then what does it matter? Do you need to just KNOW that they are lossless to feel comfortable? And if you don't know the source, then it may not matter regardless, since you can't do anything about it.

Habusho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
Your ears?

I mean, if they don't sound bad to you, then what does it matter? Do you need to just KNOW that they are lossless to feel comfortable? And if you don't know the source, then it may not matter regardless, since you can't do anything about it.

Haven't set up my system yet so I haven't been able to tell if they're orig. losless. Hard to differentiate on the speakers from a MBP.

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
Haven't set up my system yet so I haven't been able to tell if they're orig. losless. Hard to differentiate on the speakers from a MBP.

Oh, I see.

Sorry, I was just being argumentative. Sorry I can't be of any practical help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.