Any app to push forum notifications to Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iBlazed, Aug 6, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Simple question. Is there a good forum app on the iPhone that will also push notifications to my Watch when someone quotes or likes my posts?

2. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I may have solved my own problem. There seems to be only one forum app and that's tapatalk. I just installed it, we'll see how well notifications push to the watch.

3. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Only thing that stopped me from using Tapatalk is its poor rating.

Does it work well or not?

5. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The layout takes some getting used to but it seems to work well

6. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I think a huge feature of the apple watch that apple doesn't put much focus on and that many potential buyers don't know about is that you can get notifications on your Watch from any app on your iPhone. Even if that iPhone app doesn't have a corresponding Watch app. My watch just became even more useful with this addition. Forum notifications on my watch are great. You can even control which type of notifications you want from within tapatalk. I have mine set to just push quote notifications.

7. gemnilocs macrumors 6502

gemnilocs

yes it's very nice! I get notifications from whatsapp..surprised me the first time because there's no watch app for it but it's a nice feature. and the tapatalk app is a nice third party app to keep up with all the forums you are members of. it's my one stop shop app:)

8. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I use Tapatalk and it works pretty well. I don't actually use it to browse forums as I prefer Safari, so I just set up notifications and buried it in a folder.

Whenever I'm quoted/a post is made in a watched thread/PM'd I'm alerted on my watch which is quite handy.