Any Apple employees here?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HiFiGuy528, Aug 26, 2009.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Just got the pink slip from my job of 7 years and was hoping for some advice from current or past Apple employees on how to get a job at Apple. I know I can apply online, but that is almost a waste of time. I say that because I know you have to hit a certain amount of "matched" words before the computer kicks your resume to an actual person. All the jobs I've had was through talking to either the hiring manager or someone within the company. A manager of a large company once told me that if I see a job posted online, it's very likely that the position has been filled. They post it there just to show it was offered to external applicants.

Thanks for your help :)

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Apple Retail or Apple Corporate?

For Apple Retail, you can submit a resume in-store if you want, but they'll still make you fill out an online application.

Sorry about your pink slip. Hopefully you'll get better 3G reception at your next work spot! :)

3. HiFiGuy528 thread starter macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Apple Corporate is where I hope to be. :) I saw an interesting position online with a posting date of April.

4. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

If you do get a job at an Apple Retail store, DO NOT do the stupid mistake other fellow MacRumors users/Apple Store employees did. Go. On. MacRumors. On. Your. Break.
    Better yet, I'd close my MR account or change all your info.

5. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

There are Apple employees here, I'm sure. But most of them are smart enough not to post anything. Ever.

6. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

Considering they can get fired for participating in Apple-related online sites like MacRumors, you probably won't get any to admit it in public.

7. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

That's not correct. They're just prohibited from publicly talking about any Apple confidential information .. on forums, with friends, ... anywhere outside of Apple.

Hope it works out for you!!! The people I met from Corporate were all touch notch and *loved* working there, which says a lot about the culture (IMO). :)