iPhone Any Apple Mail alternative that respects end user privacy?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by redgreenski, Aug 17, 2017.

1. redgreenski macrumors member

I am looking for mail app that respects end user privacy. Any suggestions.

Here are apps that I looked into and are already off the list:

Spark:
    "We use this party services, such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics and Amplitude, to collect and analyze how you use Spark."
    MyMail:
    "Company may use collected Data to analyze usage of the services, advertisement serving,"
    Email by Edison Software
    "Google Analytics may use cookies or similar technologies to provide you advertising"
    Airmail:
    "Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: email address, Cookies, Usage data, unique device identifiers for advertising.
    Bluemail:
    "The web tools collect information sent by your browser, including the pages you visit"

2. wetcanvas macrumors regular

There is hushmail. It respects privacy and encrypts email but it's app is iPhone only and looks like turds on any screen larger than iPhone.

3. redgreenski thread starter macrumors member

Hushmail is an email provider. I already have paid email account which does not sell my data to advertisers like gmail or hotmail, I just need a good iOS app that doesn't do that either.

4. redgreenski thread starter macrumors member

I guess not that many mail apps out there. Actually it was quite disheartening reading through various TOS in the App Store. I guess for now I will wait to iOS 11 which should have updated mail app. Too bad cause I wouldn't mind paying $$$.

5. hank moody macrumors 6502a

hank moody

6. gaanee macrumors 6502a

How about Microsoft Outlook?
    Most free apps would rely on these analytics in order to cover their development cost.

7. ssmed, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017

ssmed macrumors 6502

ssmed

Outlook used to use a third party to hold your passwords, soon after it was bought from Acompli, but I think this has changed. As long as this is the case, and I can't imagine so many big corporates being happy with it if not then it is nice to use.

8. redgreenski thread starter macrumors member

Outlook, gmail and yahoo go into same category. Microsoft really pushes its tracking in windows 10, it would be counter intuitive for me to use paid email provider with a company that goes so extensively into user tracking.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 21, 2017 ---
    Spark is paid, yet it still uses analytics for advertisement...

9. redgreenski thread starter macrumors member

Both Proton mail and Hushmail (like someone else mentioned) are email providers. I need an app not a provider. I already have one, Fastmail. I just don't like their iOS mail app.