Any apple reps on this forum?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ClutchThese, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I am just curious. with as many people that are on this site...there HAS to be someone connected to the company. Any thoughts?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

People that work for Apple are not technically allowed on rumor sites. If they are here they wouldn't be shouting it o the world.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I thought Apple store employees are prohibited from visiting rumor sites.

4. falconeight Guest

falconeight

No reps here but steve jobs directly talks to a few members.

5. ClutchThese thread starter macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

Oh, i didn't know that. My bad...

Mod, delete thread please.

6. draz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/5.0.019802/18.794; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

I bet there are reps reading the forum at least.

7. nfl46 macrumors 604

They are.

8. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

You need to report your original post. It is unlikely that a mod would just happen upon this thread.

9. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Honestly, I was thinking about the same - there are a few suspicious newbies, I think Apple might be doing some damage control. Maybe it's not organised, but some people act rather strangely.

If the house is on fire, they might be required to pee on it.

In their head. Do you want names? :)

10. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Leave me in denial

11. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I wouldn't be surprised if there are forum members that are Apple reps but they wouldn't be able to say they are if they want to keep their job.

12. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Talking to an Apple rep they knew of this site and knew some of the things on it. He specifically said macrumors. But then mentioned its not affiliated with Apple.

13. omizzle macrumors regular

probably this

14. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

Bill Gates one time pm'ed me on here asking the keyboard shortcut for something. We're pretty tight.

15. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I've talked to Apple contacts who say they read the blog forums. Working with one right now named Tom. :)

16. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Yes, I do have some thoughts. Sometimes I think of visiting Germany again. It was really nice. The people and scenery are wonderful. Those small towns are really fun to explore.

I'd also like to see Holland. I hear the coffee is not to be missed.

Anyone else have thoughts they'd like to share?

LOL! Sorry man I'm just kidding around. Like others have said, if they are on this forum we wouldn't know.

17. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I'm 16 and am thinking about working at my apple store in a few years. The discounts are awesome and you get to play with the devices before release, buy iPhones before release, give people high fives on launch days. Lol. But if I ever get hired (which I bet I will because I know my stuff) I will remain in this forum. I won't leak anything though... Because then steve jobs would come to my house and kill me.

18. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

The innocence is almost painful to destroy.

Apple store employees don't get to play or buy stuff before release. Most the time, they barely even know whats happening until the day.

As for getting hired, you don't need to know Apple to work at Apple. I'm sure plenty of people here would agree they do know a bit more than run of the mill staff, however, they know how to sell. If you can't do that buddy, you have no chance.

19. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Sometimes I'm not even sure that they have to know ANYTHING about computers in general, letting alone Macs.

There you go, that might make some of them jump... :rolleyes:

20. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

They don't get to buy or play with any products before release. They get 1 25% discount per year to use on themselves or their family.
    I don't find Apple's staff to be particularly knowledgable. They just have to be nice and be able to sell. I also think that being weird owns you bonus points on the inquiry.

21. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I remember talking to some guy at the apple store who said that they buy their phones before the doors open. I'm pretty much a salesperson when I try to convince my family to go with Apple products. I have the facts and convince them. I have converted my sister and dad so far.

22. Built macrumors 68020

You think they'd admit it so they can then...

1. Become the "complaint department" for every nutjob on this forum...or...
    2. Misquoted back to Apple, landing them in trouble?

Given the way people behave on here, I can't imagine why anybody would self-identify as an Apple representative.

23. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've met an Apple Employee that's always on Macrumors, but doesn't mention he works for Apple...:eek:

24. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I plan on getting a job at my local apple store too, I know the supervisor or maneger (somthing like that) at the store. And I do know a great deal of alpple knowledge sontimes I thing I know more than so e of the guys that work there anyway. Lol

25. Built macrumors 68020

Make sure you use Spell Check on your application. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.