Resolved Any Apple Watch polishing service?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by corky5678, Apr 1, 2016.

1. corky5678 macrumors member

corky5678

Does anyone know of a place where I can send my Apple Watch to get polished? There are some deep scratches . It is the stainless steel model. The glass is fine and is obviously harder material. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Wow - What has been chewing on your watch?

Take it to a jeweler, who might have a suggestion for you.

They will likely tell you that you "have some deep scratches there!"
    I think the best you can hope for, will be shiny scratches. :oops:

3. corky5678 thread starter macrumors member

corky5678

I've tried three different jewelers. I just want to send it to someone. I bumped a few things at work.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You seem to be unnecessarily harsh on your AW. That kind of damage is deep enough to qualify as replacement under AC+ (i.e., more than just cosmetics). I suggest getting AC+ for your next AW.

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What was the answer that all three jewelers gave you?
    Bet they all said the same thing.

6. corky5678 thread starter macrumors member

corky5678

They all said they don't work on apple-reduces. I do have Apple Care, would that cover it?

7. corky5678 thread starter macrumors member

corky5678

It's says resolved, but it is not. I don't know how that got checked or how to uncheck it.

8. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I guess you meant warranty. A stainless steel watch is something that a jeweler would easily handle (Apple or Rolex, eh?), but you would pay for that, too - not a warranty service.

You could even try a local pawn shop. You may have better luck there (or at least someone who can point you to a competent jeweler)

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage.
    AppleCare+ will replace your damaged Watch for a fee. I think its about $350, but you can call AppleCare to find out (if you purchased the AppleCare+)

9. sean000 macrumors 6502a

sean000

Bumped a few things? You must have a much more interesting (or at least physical) job than mine :)

I doubt many jewelers or mechanical watch shops will want to deal with the possibility of damaging the electronics or the crystal using a rotary sanding/buffing attachment on a flex shaft. My wife makes jewelry and I've seen her do some pretty detailed stuff with a flex shaft, but even then she usually tries to separate the piece she is working on so she doesn't accidentally touch something she doesn't want to touch with a high-speed sanding/buffing tool.

Sean

10. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

What the…

Did you find it in the middle of the street?

11. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I thought it was clear that AppleCare+ definitely has accident coverage, up to 2 instances, it's $60 to $70 for Sport and Stainless per accident. The std 1 yr warranty apparently does not cover accidents if I'm reading it right. Most SS silver Watches I see have scratched bezels, just like the old shiny Touchs.

12. corky5678 thread starter macrumors member

corky5678

I called I called Apple and it is $69 with Apple Care. Does anyone know if I have it polished if that will void the warranty?

13. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I'd just pay the $69 and try to change habits of protect it. THe SS is attractive but not when it is all scratched, that's shy I have a Space Black and a Space Gray..

14. corky5678 thread starter macrumors member

corky5678