Any applications similar to Vista's volume mixer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by That-Is-Bull, Jun 19, 2008.

1. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

One thing I like about Vista is the ability to control the volume of each application individually. Is there any way I can get this on OS X?

2. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Same boat here. I will really appreciate any input.

Attached Files:

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Rogue Amoeba made an app that did this quite a while ago... it was discontinued, and I don't even think they offer it in their freebies section anymore. Also it doesn't function on Intel Macs, I think.

However, you might be able to get this function via Audio Hijack Pro...

http://www.maclife.com/article/how_can_i_control_the_volume_of_individual_applications_separately

Audio Hijack has an application mixer, and so I think you can also possibly mix the app / adjust their volume, etc., and not just mute them this way.

4. Samarium macrumors 6502a

Samarium

Yes, I use something similar in Audio Hijack but I want something handy. I'll continue looking online. I insist, any input is well appreciated. :)

Edit: Anyone?

5. kodilane macrumors newbie

Detour for OSX

[​IMG]
    There was "Detour":confused: but it doesnt work on leopard, the vista mixer is ideal, but this old detour program looked very similar. Anyone able to bring Detour back from the dead, or create a new Macosx Mixer, for individual applications, and more specific each have the ability control and mix each firefox tab.

The Vista mixer has everything i was looking for.
    Bring it to OSX!:apple:

6. kodilane macrumors newbie

Vista mixer for mac

The first day i got my macbook pro i double clicked the audio icon, and noticed wtf no mixer... then i found a very limited Audio Midi Setup, it doesnt even have a mixer. I can't believe it. Audio Hijack is not what we are looking for, sure it can mute for us, but we want a mixer

7. zetzetone macrumors newbie

little bit late maybe
    but try 'Hear' by Prosoft
    bit expensive but it also capable of a lot (too much IMO)