Any apps already have Push set up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ori, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Ori macrumors 6502

With the 17th coming very quickly (I have 3.0 installed and love it), i was wondering if any apps already have push notification built in? Especially some of the multi messenger clients like Palringo (which I know hasn't go tit yet).

I wonder how long Facebook will take before push notification kicks in there too.

2. skoops macrumors regular

the newest Tap Tap Revenge (2.6) is already Push-aware

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Man, facebook needs some major upgrades. My roommate has the facebook app for BlackBerry and it leaves the iPhone app in the dust. Sadly, the only Push live apps I know of are ones like TapTap, where push isn't very .... Useful.

4. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I wish/hope the app store incorporates Push to notify you of when apps you have have updates.

5. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

OMG yes. The facebook BB app on the blackberry is far more useable as it downloads the messages so you can reply and it is like a messenger client. It is almost like using SMS or Email (but instant). Where it lacks on the BB is the viewing of images and people profiles.

What I really want is Palringo or a similar client to be push enabled. Having all my messenger clients (including facebook) on push will be superb. (in theory)

6. retroneo macrumors 6502a

Until you have two conversations going in two apps at once....

7. Ori thread starter macrumors 6502

Never thought of that, but with some good programming that should be fine. Otherwise you switch applications all the time anyway!

8. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

I would think Facebook would want to have a major update for the iPhone to both take advantage of Push as well as the Video Camera in the 3GS.