Any apps for playing Go/iGo/Weiqi on the iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Reach, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Reach macrumors 6502a

I've looked around, but haven't found any, and I would absolutely LOVE to be able to play on my iPhone.

Here's hoping Goban or some other application that actually looks nice (Unlike Cgoban etc..) makes it to the iPhone soon!

Anyone know some solutions to this?

2. gaussian macrumors newbie

iShudan

It looks like iShudan is in development.

I'd love to have such a program too.

Also there's Tetsuki, an SGF editor. It works pretty nicely but has no navigation (backwards & forwards) through the moves.

The place to watch is probably Sensei's Library's Mobile Phone page.

3. Reach thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I've seen those too, I'd just really love an app that let me play live on igs or something similar.

The news about the iPhone probably going to Japan is good though, once it gets there I bet we'll see more go-related stuff.

4. Reach thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. milkmanamok macrumors newbie

Now available on Apps store is Stones, it's under the strategy section. . . downloading now.

EDIT: Nice app but only for playing another person, not against the computer.

6. Reach thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great, thanks for the tip. Downloaded it myself, and now I'll just have to heckle the developer until he adds play over IGS! :p

7. mcxorge macrumors newbie

New Tetsuki: IGS client for iPhone

I have nearly finished a completely new version of Tetsuki, this time as a native app with the possibility to play on IGS.

Visit www.gentgo.be/tetsuki for more information.

PS: I'm looking for beta testers.

8. somekool macrumors newbie

igo on the iphone

the smart-go guys were demo-ing their igo software for the iphone at the US congress in August 2008.

and I know for sure, the Sente:Goban team is working on a iphone version as well.

9. gizmo-sam macrumors newbie

Go on the IPhone on the way

I have been keeping in touch with the guys at ROBOTA.NL www.robota.nl, as I knew they had done a Iphone app, but had not had authorisation from apple to upload the product.

I had a look at their website today and apparently it has been forwarded to apple for upload to itunes for 3g users

This is an opensource Gnu go engine, so it will play you. Everything i have seen so far is just a board, with no intelligence behind it.

The best thing about this app, is that it is free.

Went to the apple site to browse for it, as i am at work and do not have itunes, but could not find it. Will download it tonight with luck

The name of the program is IGO

10. mcxorge macrumors newbie

Tetsuki now available on the App Store

Tetsuki, the IGS client is now available on the App store:

Download

Tetsuki Website

11. Rio432 macrumors newbie