any apps to bypass the passcode login?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrjayd, Dec 8, 2010.

1. mrjayd macrumors regular

I am on my corporate network with exchange and hate having to type in that 5 digit passcode.
    Also, is there anything to get the "never" option back in the autolock setting?

2. mrjayd thread starter macrumors regular

Damn, Android has a fix for this so I thought maybe there would be a fix for a JB iPhone...

3. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

I am glad there isn't.. That passcode has previously saved many people from having a stolen or lost iDevice never returned. Seeing posts like this make me cringe thinking some "lucky" person found a iDevice which has been passworded to lock.

4. mrjayd thread starter macrumors regular

I understand it's a security thing and that's what remote wipe is for. But having the passcode on there or not is not going to get a stolen or lost iPhone returned. I just hate having to put in my passcode all day long just to access my phone. I try to punch it in so fast sometimes that I type it wrong and it errors out and I have to type it again. It should just be an option for the owner.

5. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

riddle me this

if one has an iphone with a passcode and has it stolen....how will the theif be able to add an app, which requires bypassing the passcode

6. outphase macrumors 65816

Your best bet is to convince your IT guy to relax the setting on the server's side. The rule is enforced by the Exchange server by default. If your company does not care that its data can be accessible if you lose your phone, then they don't need the password setting. (good luck with doing that :cool:)

7. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

Actually I've read multiple threads on this forum where someone's iphone was returned because the person who "found" it couldn't use it anyway, that combined with constant mobileme find iphone message spamming. I could see that becoming very annoying for the person, driving them to just return the phone.

True, when I read the OP I was more thinking of a method not so much an app for bypass.

8. mrjayd thread starter macrumors regular

I think I found the app...

called Exchange Unlock. Anyone tried this yet?

9. PaulDoFish macrumors regular

If I was a thief and found a locked iPhone and wanted to keep it, I would DFU restore. It would work take out the passcode and restore it to factory conditions, which would be the exact condition i'd want it in.

Now if I really did find an iPhone I would try to locate the owner first :p