Any ARkit apps out yet?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by stooovie, Jun 22, 2017.

1. stooovie macrumors 6502a

Hi, I know iOS 11 API apps will be out only after iOS 11 is released, but sometimes apps with beta APIs slip before. Are there any AR kit apps on the App Store or do I need Xcode to play with it?

Thanks!

2. Smith288 macrumors 6502a

Smith288

No. But if you sign up for a developer account you can freely download github projects to try out.

3. lemimouth macrumors regular

Any interesting projects ? I've tried the shooter and the one with cubes physics

4. DerMario macrumors member

DerMario

Where can I get those? Are that ipa files for resigning with personal account?

5. lemimouth macrumors regular

There are no ipa, you have to compile the projects from Xcode.

You can find the Apple demo app here : https://developer.apple.com/sample-code/wwdc/2017/PlacingObjects.zip

From Github (for ex. this one : https://github.com/markdaws/arkit-by-example), just download the zip.

Extract the zip you downloaded, open the project in Xcode, select your phone as target and click play. You need at least a free Apple developer account to do this. If it seems complicated just wait for applications to be available in the App Store ;)

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Try this site to see early demos of Arkit.
    http://www.madewitharkit.com/

Of course what @lemimouth said you'll need to make your own apps to see the full potential. The link above just shows some samples of what can be done with the framework so far.

7. stooovie thread starter macrumors 6502a

There goes my evening, installing Xcode again :) Thanks!

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Didn't think you needed a developer account any more

9. lemimouth macrumors regular

10. stooovie thread starter macrumors 6502a

You also don't need UDID to try a non-public beta anymore. You just need a beta profile.

11. lemimouth macrumors regular

12. mariusignorello macrumors 6502a

Oh how the times have changed... yet the Free UDID companies are somehow still in business.

13. stooovie thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was grand, and Apple's Placing Objects demo works very nice. Of course, I first spent half an hour installing Xcode from the app store that only has iOS 10 APIs :)

14. Jumpie macrumors 6502a

Jumpie

There is one I've found called Holo. It adds pre-made video clips to video you take using the camera.