Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pete Rodgers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Bethesda, Uk
Hi. I'm currently using the iPad pro 12.9 1st gen for creating comic art in Procreate and Graphic. It's good, but a bit bulky for normal use - cafes, bed etc. Just wondering if any artists have moved from the old 12.9 to the new 10.5 and whether it's usable or if you miss the space?

sneak3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Do not miss at all. The 10.5 is just so much more comfortable to hold and take anywhere. But I guess it ultimately depends on whether you need the extra space to make your art or not. Usually I finish painting on my computer but on the ipad I take it as far as possible.

Reactions: TimurCologne

Pete Rodgers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2017
Bethesda, Uk
I suppose it will just involve a bit more zooming in! I put a 10.5 on order, then thought better of it and cancelled. I had a google pixel tablet and the extra few fractions of an inch made quite a lot of difference going from an iPad 9.7 especially for reading comics. I suppose I could get one and send it back if it didn't meet my needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.