Any AT&T Stores with iPhones in NYC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deannnnn, Jun 20, 2009.

1. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I made a stupid decision yesterday.
    I decided that I should finish my final film project here at NYU before going out to pick up the new iPhone 3GS because I knew that I wouldn't be able to focus on my project if I had the new phone.
    What was I thinking!? iPhone > School

Okay, okay, I may have made the responsible decision, but now there isn't an AT&T store in Manhattan with any iPhones... or is there?
    Has anyone managed to pick up an iPhone 3GS at an AT&T store in New York City today (Saturday)? And if so, what store was it?

I can't go to an Apple store (unfortunately) because I'm not upgrade eligible and am using the upgrade from another line on my account. This has to be done in an AT&T store. I also can't pre-order with AT&T because it can take up to 10 days to arrive and I am heading home to Florida in 8 days for 2 months (summer vacation).

I realize a week isn't THAT much time, and that I could just wait and get the iPhone in Florida, but I'd really love to get my new iPhone tomorrow (or even Monday if some new shipments come in).

:(

2. Stocktrader macrumors member

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

try queens or BK at&t store

go to jersey

basically, better chance probably outside manhattan

4. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

small shot

Call the Hoboken AT&T store. 10 minutes by PATH.
    They may have a couple left. Had only 32GB when I got mine after preorders Friday.

Good luck.
    :cool:

5. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Thanks for the suggestions!
    I'll give them all a call in the morning and let you know what happens.

6. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Can't speak for availability but there's two Brooklyn AT&T stores right by the R line - 5th Ave and 51st (get off at 53rd-Lutheran Medical Center) and 86th St. between 4th and 5th Ave (get off at 86th). You'd probably have better luck than Manhattan, the first especially isn't in a wealthy area. Just take your current iPhone with you for the ride!

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I applaud your decision to finish your project. If you can't find one locally then can you order and have it shipped to Florida?

8. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Well, in case anyone was wondering, it's now Tuesday and still no iPhone.
    I've been calling AT&T stores from all around the city (see attached picture) but no one has any in stock. I've even gone into my local AT&T store, (745 Broadway) just about every day with new questions about how I could somehow get this to work. I've even asked if I could pre-order it here in New York and pick it up in Florida. Nope. They tell me I can do it online, but again, I need to be in an AT&T store to use the upgrade from somebody else's line.

So, I'm going to have to wait to be able to get the iPhone 3GS.
    I'm just hoping that maybe, just maybe, they'll be somewhat of a stock of iPhones by the time I get home. My guess is they don't keep the Pembroke Pines, FL AT&T store too stocked, but I do have access to all of the Miami area stores.

I wish would have added a poll to this post, because now I'm wondering...
    If you all were in a situation where you could pay $500 for the iPhone and get it today or $300 for the iPhone and get it in a week plus 7-10 days, what would you do?
    Obviously it depends on your money situation and dedication to Apple ;)

Thanks for reading,
    have a great day.

Attached Files:

9. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Staten Island has a crap load. With no lines. At least when I went.

10. iphones4evry1 macrumors 65816

iphones4evry1

Same here, in Orange County, California. All of the Apple stores have the 3GS in stock (each morning but sell out by close) and all of the AT&T stores say "we haven't had any since friday. they didn't give us that many. we are sold out."

Upon now hearing your story, all the way on the other side of the United States, I'm starting to believe that Apple is withholding inventory from AT&T stores and forcing customers to go to Apple stores. (I wasn't going to post this previously, but I'm going to mention it now: I was really disappointed in Apple last Saturday when I went to look at the 3GS. I started to walk into the store and an Apple employee shouted "Stop! What are you doing?" I replied "Walking into the store to look around." The employee said "There's a line!" I said "I'm not here to line up for an iPhone. I'm just here to look in your store." The employee said "Yeah, there's a line to look in the store." My friends and I didn't say another work, we just turned around and walked away.
    Turning customers away is not how you sell new computers and other products in your store. FYI: The store was NOT packed to the point where it was a matter of fire code. I think Apple just wanted people lined up out in the mall to make it look like there was hype. Hmmm. Throughout my life I have learned that people do not like to wait in lines. That is not a good way to increase business; it's a good way to decrease business.
    (fortunately, I was able to demo the 3GS at a nearby AT&T store later that day. the AT&T store was packed, but at least they weren't forcing people to wait in line to get in the door)

11. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

When was that? Friday?