Any AutoCAD 2010 [64-bit] on Win 7 users?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by rgarjr, May 14, 2009.

1. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Any cadders running the 2010 on Win7 in here?

2. stevieboy macrumors newbie

Will be soon when my Mac Pro turns up, why are you?

3. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

Im running 32bit bc i needed to setup bootcamp fast for a school project and this is my first mac so i didnt feel like dealing with 64bit at the time. In a few weeks when the semester is over ill reinstall 64bit.

anyway Acad 2010 32bit is running fine for me as well as revit 2010.

4. stevieboy macrumors newbie

I installed XP64 bit through Parallels 4.0, updated all the security patches for XP and then installed AutoCAD 2010 x64 all working fine on my tiny Mac Mini. I will be testing it over the next week or so until my Mac Pro turns up.

Has anyone tried Navisworks through Parallels?

5. pdater macrumors newbie

I am using Inventor 2010 Simulation and Solidworks on my MBP-13" under Bootcamp 2.1 and Windows 7 (x64). It works beautifully.

6. stevieboy macrumors newbie

My new Mac Pro arrived yesterday so this weekend will be spent installing Win7 x64 and AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

The intention was to install Win 7 RC x64 and Acad using boot camp but then accessing for small projects via Parallels. The reason behind this is most of the models we tend to use are huge can be from 10-20meg so rather that stretch the system resources I have the option to boot win 7 either via boot camp or Parallels. Can anyone see any issues running it this way?

7. skiingninjasock macrumors newbie

I attempted to run acad x64 in parallels but it just wouldnt run. OS is windows 7 x64 on a Macbook Pro with the extra 256mb graphics card. Windows seems to run great but acad never fully starts. It always goes to NOT RESPONDING.

Can anyone give any tips to make it run like a screaming machine. :) I have 4 gig of physical ram. Have given the virtual 1 gig so far. Also gave it just 128mb of video ram.

I did up the ram to the full 4 gigs but that didnt seem to help at all. So any advice is much appriciated. I dont really like bootcamp with the heating issue in laptops.

Thanks
    Dusty

8. blargistani macrumors newbie

BAH! Autocad 10 on Windows 7 in Parallels - not responding

I'm having the exact same problem .. have you found a solution? Considering throwing in the towel and running bootcamp, but would prefer not doing this.

9. alicat74 macrumors newbie

figured out?

I'm on a new MacBook Pro, and I'm about to buy Parallels 5, Windows 7, and download a student copy of AutoCAD 2010.

I Googled "Windows 7 and AutoCAD 2010" and it seems like there might be some issues -- found your discussion among others. I know that I'd need to make sure I'm consistent in installing 32-bit or 64-bit versions, but am I just screwing myself by trying this setup? Sounds like some people go back to Boot Camp to get CAD 2010 to work on Windows 7.

Anyone figured it all out yet?

10. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I have Win7 64-bit but I don't use Parallels. And Boot Camp doesn't actually support 7 yet. When I get home today I'll install AutoCAD 2010 and see how it runs.

11. matthew7554 macrumors newbie

I am currently running AutoCAD 2010 on Win XP Bootcamp... But it is not stable and it "runs out of memory" about three times a day (even tho the system has 10GB of Ram...)

I am hoping that by installing Win 7 that I will be able to finally use all my avail. ram. Problem is that my MAC PRO is a 1st Gen model, I have heard that it can be a pain to get Win 7 64bit to install correctly.

I will post back once I get everything up and running.

12. rgarjr thread starter macrumors 603

rgarjr

yeah XP is stone age, need to step it up with W7.

13. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Just finished installing AutoCAD 2010 (though I prefer ProE and Inventor) on my Mac Pro. I also have the 2006 MP, but I'm running Win7 64. Mine was an upgrade directly from XP, and I had no issues at all installing it. Program seems stable so far, I haven't had any trouble.