Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I am about to buy the Beats Solo 3 Wireless, due to a big discount of about 35% due to Black Friday-weekend. It will save me about € 115 after the discount.

Any owners of these here at macrumors? Are you still happy with them? Like to hear from you!

hch3psa

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Arizona
I am about to buy the Beats Solo 3 Wireless, due to a big discount of about 35% due to Black Friday-weekend. It will save me about € 115 after the discount.

Any owners of these here at macrumors? Are you still happy with them? Like to hear from you!

I've had them since they were released and I'm honestly very happy with them. The battery is absolutely insane and the range is a noticeable difference over other Bluetooth headphones. I know some people think they are overrated or overpriced but I've been very happy with my purchase. No regrets at all.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I've had them since they were released and I'm honestly very happy with them. The battery is absolutely insane and the range is a noticeable difference over other Bluetooth headphones. I know some people think they are overrated or overpriced but I've been very happy with my purchase. No regrets at all.

Thanks! Ordered them couple hours ago :)

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Can I ask where you got them from so discounted? I've been trying to find some.

it was a special Black Friday discount via amazon.de (German Amazon Store); a few times during this Black Friday weekend its on offer for 199 euro. And then there's this extra couponcode 'WELKOM' which will give you another 10 euro.
So in total incl shipping to my country I paid 189 euros for the Beats Solo 3 Wireless. pretty happy with this amazing deal, cause normally the retail price is 289 euro here.

Matt__James

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2014
If anyone in the UK finds a decent 'Cyber Monday' deal for any of these I'd very much appreciate a heads up!!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Costco had them for around $225 for members which I am, I priced matched and bought them at BB since that store is much closer to me.

They are excellent for range, battery life and connection. SQ is subjective but I like them for that as well.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
Costco had them for around $225 for members which I am, I priced matched and bought them at BB since that store is much closer to me.

They are excellent for range, battery life and connection. SQ is subjective but I like them for that as well.

I am reading some stories that these are not really comfortable, how is your experience?

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
I am reading some stories that these are not really comfortable, how is your experience?

I actually bought a set two months ago, I did not like the clamping on my head so I returned them figuring to wait it out for a better price as well.

This pair is so much better, not really tight at all to tell the truth. Glad I did not settle my first go round, I was using the box as a stand to loosen those up. It worked to some extent but not really enough.

Reactions: Geert76

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
I've had mine for a little over a week. Got them from Amazon for $220 after I saw them at Costco but only in Jet Black. Hopped on amazon at the store and the had them in matte black so I ordered them right away for that price. 9to5Toys showed them last week on sale for $200 somewhere but I don't remember where so I didn't get buyers remorse 2 days later. Ha. Sound great and very comfortable imo. Haven't noticed them "squeezing" my big noggin as some have complained.

Reactions: Geert76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.