Any benefit waiting for Mountain Lion to be pre-installed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joe2uk, Jun 16, 2012.

  1. joe2uk macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    #1
    Hi all,

    Is there any benefit in waiting for Mountain Lion to be pre-installed on RMBP before buying?

    The way I've been told internet recovery/install works this will be updated with ML so you won't need to do two part upgrade to the latest version.

    Anyway know of a reason to wait?

    J
     
  2. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

    Feed Me

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2012
    Location:
    Location Location
    #2
    Only reason I can think of is to avoid a 3GB+ download.
     
  3. MadMitch89 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2010
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #3
    Possibly a hard key for notification centre on the keyboard as standard? Similar to the change for Lion with Mission Control (replace expose with a new icon) and Launchpad (replace dashboard). Maybe they will add a third for Notification centre... No big addition IMO.
     
  4. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

    Ljohnson72

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2008
    Location:
    Denver, Co
    #4
    There's really no significant reason to wait.
     
  5. iFanboy Guest

    #5
    You are the worst kind of person.

    I never knew about this and now I'm considering cancelling my pre-order.

    Yes, I have OCD :(
     
  6. Gata macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2010
    #6
    Notification center is gesture based, and considering that Apple doesn't have room on the keyboard to make room for notification center, you'll be fine.

    Don't cancel it.
     
  7. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

    Ljohnson72

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2008
    Location:
    Denver, Co
    #7
    Seriously, do NOT cancel it. There is no way there will get rid of either the Launchpad or Mission Control buttons to put Notification Center. And the possibility of adding another key for Launchpad is out of the question because the keys would be ridiculously small.
     
  8. iFanboy Guest

    #8
    Thanks Dude! :)
     
  9. iFanboy Guest

    #9
    Thanks Dude! :)
     
  10. LeGacY X macrumors member

    LeGacY X

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2008
    Location:
    VA, USA
    #10
    I would recommend buying now as opposed to waiting until the new OS comes preinstalled, You never know what may or may not be compatible with the new OS or exactly how stable it will be upon first release. However, this does depend on your situation, the apps if any you will be migrating, pulgins etc..
     
  11. MadMitch89 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2010
    Location:
    Brisbane, Australia
    #11
    Certainly. To the OP, don't cancel it. It's so insignificant (and unlikely) that it's not worth worrying about. My apologies for the consternation!
     

Share This Page