Any benefits to turning off 3D touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coney718, Sep 29, 2015.

1. coney718 macrumors regular

Just wondering why anyone would turn this feature off. Does not using it affect battery life at all?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I question the same. Why buy 6S/6S Plus if you aren't going to use this feature? Might as well just buy the 6/6+.

3. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

It seems like such a waste to turn it off given the fact that it's one of the main features on the new iPhones.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Well, the option is under accessibility which I assume to mean Apple only added it to cater to people who may have trouble using it. I don't want to make assumptions or uneducated guesses about which sorts of disorders would cause something like this, but imagine something along the lines of somebody occasionally (or always) pressing hard on their phones during usage. This could obviously cause many issues with 3D touch enabled.

5. koulmj macrumors 6502

Maybe you have some sort of neurodegenerative disease that prevents you from controlling how hard you're pressing on your screen ?

6. wepiii macrumors 6502

I find myself using it, so I'll leave it on... But it is hardly the best new feature in my mind. I still would have purchased the 6S if it came without it. So if you aren't using it (I can't see my dad ever figuring it out for example), but still appreciate the faster processor, extra gig of ram, better Touch ID, better cameras... I could understand wanting to turn it off.

7. james-jones macrumors member

james-jones

Try running Geekbench with 3D Touch on and off - I'm sure many would be interested in the results.

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I can't see why it would affect battery life at all

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Huh, you mean stay on the iPhone 6 forever? I'm pretty sure that all future iPhones will have 3D Touch.
    I upgraded from the 6+ because it's a stuttery, lagging, freezing RAMless POS. The 6S+ is none of those things and I couldn't care less about 3D Touch.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

My 6s plus runs circles around my 6 plus in daily use. I would have upgraded without 3D Touch knowing what I know now about performance. That said, in unsure why anyone would disable 3D Touch. Maybe they're used to pressing down really hard on the screen at all times and don't want to deal with it activating? Idk.

11. Black05Hemi macrumors member

Maybe your 6+ was, but mine isn't. Just because you had problems, doesn't mean everyone does.

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

They all are when used in a certain manner but if your usage patterns don't cause you to run into any of the 6+ shortcomings, then great. For me it was a monumental disappointment and continual frustration.

13. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I hope u enjoy your 6s plus. Really. It basically should be the answer to your iPhone nightmares.