Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muscleflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
to you guys... how did you manage to install it without getting dust under and in between the ipad and the skin?
where did you do it? bathroom?

i am just worried that once wet, it will attract dust more.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I did it simply in my living room laying face down on a big microfiber towel. It wont attract dust just wipe it down really really good beforehand. Have it under some very good lighting and wipe away every trace of dust and fingerprints - then apply instantly after.

I have one on the front and back it's damn near perfect, the front skin will be temporary as im going to get a PS Anti Glare soon. The back is nice has held up well.

Muscleflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
thanks for that. sounds easy enough :D
how long did you leave it before using? did you apply both front and back in one session?

pchan87

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2011
the thing you have to worry about skins is the cover you're buying for it, make sure the cover will still fit.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
thanks for that. sounds easy enough :D
how long did you leave it before using? did you apply both front and back in one session?

I applied the front first then back, did them about a half hour apart and was supposed to wait overnight. I only waited half a day 12 hours or so put on in morning was using by night. :)

Muscleflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
the thing you have to worry about skins is the cover you're buying for it, make sure the cover will still fit.

Thanks. I only have the useless smart cover which was a bad decision right from the start. I only bought it coz the girl selling it was cute! ;o) and I couldn't say no

Muscleflex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2010
I applied the front first then back, did them about a half hour apart and was supposed to wait overnight. I only waited half a day 12 hours or so put on in morning was using by night. :)

Thanks. I wonder if a hair dryer would help speed up the process and maybe help getting the skin to stick more around the edge?!

whatwiggles

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
What kind of skin did you get? I have a Gelaskin for my iPod, and the perforations on the design skin itself really help ease out any air bubbles, and it's re-positionable (to a point). In general, before applying a skin, clean the device with a microfiber cloth and/or with denatured alcohol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.