Any Black/Silver/Grey bumpers anyone can recommend? - iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hustler1337, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

HI guys,

I've recently got my iPhone 5S :)D:D:D:D:D:D:D) and need to protect this baby with a bumper.

I've had a look on eBay at the cheap bumpers, but not sure if they'll last or fit as well. I liked the look of, and had, the genuine Apple bumpers that Apple released for the iPhone 4 and was hoping to get something similar for my 5S. I don't like to cover up the design of the 5S, but would prefer to just protect the main impact area, which is usually the edges which is why I prefer to go with bumpers rather than full on cases.

So, can anyone recommend me any decent bumpers to have a look at? Would really appreciate any pointers.

Thank you. ;)

2. Ajaredic macrumors regular

Ajaredic

I've got silver-black knockoff Element case and I love it.
    [​IMG]

3. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

Any Black/Silver/Grey bumpers anyone can recommend? - iPhone 5S

Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim.

Better than original Apple. Comes in three finishes. Metal, Vivid and Snow. And many colors in each finish. All polycarbonate and silicone. Not actual metal.

Spigen.com

I have the metal slate and the Dante Red wife has silver stain. Kid has Snow White.
    [​IMG]

4. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Bit bulky for me, :p but thanks.

Was thinking of getting this and probably will end up getting this. I've had the same case for my iPhone 4 and loved the design. However, after a few months the plastic rim snapped at the bottom towards the charging area and the coloured on +/- volume buttons and sleep/wake buttons rubbed off and revealing the black coloured silicone piece only after a few weeks which I wasn't happy about.

5. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

Spigen has made improvements. First the 'Slim' is a thinner (height) version that what you had. Also the silicone fits tighter. So it doesn't slip off anymore.

I've had mine for 4 months. Still intact and looks new. I've taken it off many times too. Just need to be wise when you remove/install.

6. Brady KEITH macrumors member

Brady KEITH

if you want to "gift" paypal me postage, i'll send you a n.i.b. perfect fit technologies bumper case at no additional charge (i received it free with another purchase...and i use a peel case).

let me know.

7. EDiTOR9 macrumors regular

I'm currently rocking a monoprice black bumper. It fits and protects well. The only downer is that it has the "monoprice" on the bottom right of the bumper.

8. Hustler1337 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The cases suggested don't quite do it for me :p but I think I've found one that I've fallen in love with. However, I can't seem to find anywhere where I can buy it in the UK! :(:(:(

It's the Elago S5 bumper case for the iPhone 5/5S.

Aluminium version: http://www.amazon.com/elago-Bumper-Aluminum-iPhone-champagne/dp/B00E38O2BI

[​IMG]

I really like the aluminium version in Dark Gray but Amazon don't ship this internationally and the Elago store don't give the option for international shipping either since their store is based on the Amazon checkout system. Any ideas how I can get hold of this? eBay is no help either :/

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks guys! :D