Any Blackberry+ Touch users out-there? Overkill?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zimtheinvader, Feb 3, 2008.

1. zimtheinvader macrumors regular

zimtheinvader

Hello
    I'm currently in the market for a new phone, plus as a student I'd like a mobile web slate/email browser. It looks like the phone for me is the T-Mo Curve since it can do Wifi Calling and I get no service on campus or at work (indoors), however my experience using the included browser is that it is crap, at least compared to my brief experience demoing the Touch/Iphone. For example my test was to log into the Blackboard education website and view a Pdf of class notes, this failed on the BB due to "authentication issues" so I couldn't even test the PDF viewer. This task worked perfectly on the iPhone, as did movie/mp3 playback, (beautiful!) which leads me to my question: is a Touch+Blackberry a good combo or rediculous overkill? I thought about jailbreaking an iPhone and using Skype for my wifi calling needs, but that leads to other issues, such as having 2 numbers and the issue of my iPhone becoming bricked, not to mention no Telenav...Option 3 would be a BB+eee, but then its no longer pocketable... Anyone have an opinion?

2. K4VKS macrumors newbie

I have both the TMO curve as well as the IPT. I would agree with you that it could def be considered overkill, especially since the Opera Mini Browser on the Curve does a great job of filling in where the native BB browser lacks. However, i'm very addicted to "toys" and i was overcome with the "gotta have it bug" when I first played with the IPT. The web browser is by far the best ive ever used in a mobile unit, the music and video interfaces both with the computer as well as its user interface are beautiful. Ultimately, I've been able to stop carrying my laptop to work everyday and use my IPT instead for fast wifi internet browsing. I dont regret the purchase at all, but yes, you are correct - the curve could do it all for you just as well. The curves media player with memory card slot can handle ure mp3 needs well, the video player works great, the wifi works great for calls as well as browsing the net with Opera Mini browser, etc..

Hope this helps and not confuse you more.

3. Steeltippin macrumors newbie

I agree I currently have the same combo and I wouldnt regret it at all

4. bnizzy macrumors member

agreed.

I have BB curve from AT&T (i know i know... edge sucks) and iPod Touch.

i admit i do have iphone envy, but u know what, until iphone comes out with some enterprise activation actions, i'm married to my blackberry.

I actually have a 2GB microSD in my curve and have movies filled to the brim, but honestly, watching movies on the BB screen is not fun. Its tiny. Plus battery life runs out like no other. I even carry an extra BB battery. So i do ALL my multimedia on my iTouch, and all business on BB. Movies look amazing on the iTouch...

Honestly, I tried holding out for a 3G Enterprise Activated iPhone... (insert laughter) Couldnt take it anymore and went out and bought the 16GB iTouch.

But all in all, I'm very happy with my combo. I just wish I had 3G on BB.

ps. i hate telenav. stick to googlemaps.