Any blackfriday deals for ipads???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SuperMiguel, Nov 23, 2010.

1. SuperMiguel macrumors 6502

2. Lord Egregious macrumors member

Apple sent out an email saying to go to the store or watch the website on friday for deals. Don't know if it will be ipad related but I'd be sure to look out on apple.com if you don't find anywhere else.

3. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I read that a few TJ Max stores will be selling 16gb Wifi iPads for $399

4. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

There's been a lot of publicity for them, which is why they did it. Essentially they took their marketing dollars and bought iPads at a loss ($499 each) and are selling them $100 off just to get butts into the stores for a chance of the maybe 1 or 2 iPads each store might have.

What's amazing is that someone else in this forum actually got an Apple Store to price match that, even after Santa Jobs said no price matching the TJ Maxx special. Lucky duck I guess.

6. ndgraz macrumors newbie

Yes, I was fortunate enough to get one there last week at $399 when I read about it on the Internet. Can't say I spent anymore time in there though other than to buy the iPad...

I live in the Northeast... I called around and about 2 of the 10 stores had received them. They were very limited in quantity. Store employees almost seemed bummed when I wanted to buy one. They were kind of keeping them out of sight.

7. NikolasSauce macrumors newbie

I walked by this place today, and it looks like they have decent discounts if you buy an iPad.
    http://twitter.com/tspatpp/status/6818273735741440

Other than that, I'll probably sign on to apple.com at midnight to see if the discount any ipads. I'd really like to get one at $100 off, but I'd settle for a free case.

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I would expect about 5-10% discount on iPad. If you are hoping for 100 dollars, then well...
    Let Santa Jobs help you.

9. NikolasSauce macrumors newbie

Seeing how much publicity TJMaxx got for selling at $100 off I'd expect a lot of resellers to try to copy them. You gotta figure they cost them about $300 each so they would still be making money.

But your probably right. If I'm gonna get couple accessories I might just take them up on the accessory offer.

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Copy what? TJ maxx bought these iPads from apple and tried to lure customers into the store with iPads. Most of stores did not have iPads or they have very limited quantity. Most of authorized retailers are not allowed to change prices on macs and iPad without apple's consent. We all have seen BF ads from bestbuy, BJ, Sams club and Target. Was there iPad discount? No. Apple will discount it by 20-50 dollars at max.

11. NikolasSauce macrumors newbie

How about the deals at Target and such where you buy an ipod or ipad at full price and they give you a gift card. Do you think if that is worth it? I guess you could give the gift card as a gift as well.

12. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

There's already a Black Friday deal - refurbished iPads. :D

13. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

It worked on me. I went to a Marshalls today to talk with them about the ipads. This is in Beaumont, Tx. They did get a few last week, and sold them immediately. They are expecting more. I spent about 2 hours in the store and spent $40 (my wife was shopping for clothes, etc.).

14. driftmr2 macrumors member

If you can hold off, there will be plenty of people wanting to ditch their iPads once they announce the new one early next year. That will definitely save you some cash.

15. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

TJ Maxx bought them at retail and is taking a loss on them. not all stores will carry them and the ones that do will only have a handful. its a trick to get you to come into the store and waste your time when they don't actually have any to sell. Its a brilliant plan.

16. lidomkj macrumors regular

I got the deal at Apple. I just asked. Try at your Apple store. They may or may not.

17. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

After looking through some black friday ads, i havent spotted any iPads...:(

18. kenypowa macrumors 6502a

Target gives away $10 gift card when you spend over $100.

That's 2% off the basic model. But hey, 2% is 2%! ;)

19. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Yep, you gotta love Marshalls. That's my wife's 2nd home.

20. gh0001 macrumors member

apple black friday teaser web page

apples BF teaser: http://www.apple.com/shopping-event/

The special one-day Apple shopping event. November 26. Come back to the Apple Online Store the day after Thanksgiving for a special one-day-only holiday shopping event. You’ll find dozens of great iPad, iPod, and Mac gifts for everyone on your list. Mark your calendars now. And until then, get started by browsing the Apple Online Store for great ideas.

I hope they have discount on iPads, but don't expect too much from them.

they call it the “special one-day Apple shopping event” that begins at 8 a.m. on Friday. You find deals in retail Apple stores or online. It is expected that they will offer discounts on desktop Macs, MacBook laptops, iPods, and some accessories and software.