Any bloggers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sk1wbw, Jun 16, 2012.

1. sk1wbw macrumors 68040

sk1wbw

Which sites do you like to blog with? Google Bloggr or Wordpress or Tumblr or what?

2. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I used to have a blog showing video game and 3D modeling projects I was working on but I used Rapid Weaver and had a domain name.

3. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Not really a full-time blogger at all, but I've put up some pretty long stuff on Wordpress to share with extended family and friends.

Pretty easy to do, really. I'd guess the other sites you mention are likely just as easy - I didn't try anything else as Wordpress did what it needed to right "out of the box" so to speak.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Right - we actually do WordPress self-hosted for our company. Very flexible and customizable. My post above refers to the Wordpress site.

To ward off confusion:

Wordpress.com -> Free blog posting services based on the Wordpress platform. No administration or real customization, just start blogging.

Wordpress.org -> Free blogging software you download and then deploy on your web host. You administer and configure everything, then blog.

6. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Word. Nothing can come close to WP for support and community. A very wide range of themes and plugins - free, premium, freemium & premium-quality free - make it the best choice. Gone are the days when it was buggy and clunky. As far as blogging software goes, it's also easier than many to install and set up.

If you pay for hosting, you're golden. I upgraded to an unlimited hosting account when Eleven2 offered it a couple years ago; Self-hosted really offers you so many options that make blogging much easier and more refined. Self host link shortening (and all the stats) self host paid subscriptions, self host DropBox-style syncing (not as many options but if you don't need options it's great).

Wordpress. Hands down.

7. G.T. macrumors 6502a

I've just started using wordpress but not many people are reading it

8. malman89 macrumors 68000

I used WordPress since 2009 when I just stumbled across it. Now I've stumbled across many companies (Wordpress.org) that use it as their blogging CMS of choice, so I just stick with it.

If you want to post stuff that is more likely to get random traffic, I'd wager tumblr is your best bet with all those whatshouldwecallme and whatever nonsense. They're funny now and again, but not the blogging style I'm into personally or professionally.