Any bugs in Beta5?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by greatwall9528, Aug 13, 2013.

1. greatwall9528 macrumors newbie

greatwall9528

They got a nice upgrade in Beta4 , a promote input method ,9-cell format is better in the phones , but makes no effect in Pads, I think it is better to make a larger screen than waste a lot of time in reduce the size of IME.:)

They have fixed some bugs in Beta5, but it still exist some ,who knows what they are:)

2. MacBookPro13" macrumors 6502a

MacBookPro13"

No absolutely bug free. Performance about 1.5x better than iOS 6 on all devices. Should be released to the public in a few days.

3. pmau macrumors 65816

Yes ... I hear it's the gretest release ever ... zero bugs.

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The release notes would point some of them out to you...

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

Or the actual bug thread...

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

There is a few bugs.
    Multitasking gestures on iPad cause springboard crashes.
    When there is no pass code set, boot up takes over 2 minutes.
    Gaussian blurs are not available on some A5 devices, although there is no mention of this in the Changelog AND other A5 devices have them.

So you see: even beta 5 has problems.

7. dsdevries macrumors member

There are still a few bugs. And some major ones too! I'm not gonna post them here because of nda, but I filed bugreports for them. The chances that youll experience them are not so big, but the impact is enormous! I think that is why they are not known to the public yet, but they are heavily reproducible so once many people start to use it people are going to complain about it. I don't think they are going life with those bugs still alive.

8. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

Only bug that I have really found is that the status bar appears when you close the app your in. Heres how to do it;
    1 - Open an app
    2 - Double click home button
    3 - Swipe away the only app (Assuming nothing else is open, and the only app is the one you've just opened)
    4 - Look at the very top of the phone

Only something simple and something similar has happened in the past, nothing to worry about. But other than that, pretty much bug free! Love it and battery life is just amazing! I got 4 days standby and 4 hours usage on my iPad mini with 65% left! And easily getting 3 days out of my 4S!

9. hazuki macrumors regular

much bug than beta 4 on my iPhone 4
    especially glitch on the home screen

10. kamalaggi macrumors member

There's bound to be bugs. After all it is a beta.

11. RollTide1017 macrumors regular

After updating to beta 5 I can no longer update my apps on my iPhone 5. They just sit there in a constant "waiting" state and yes, I've restarted my iPhone about 100 times and it has made no difference.

12. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Do you have anything downloading in the iTunes Store? Or are you restoring from an iCloud backup and it could still be downloading Photos?

13. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I installed it briefly the other day and one bug I noticed right out the gates was Safari closing out/crashing whenever I went to a forum thread on MacRumors.com. That was completely UNSAT so I went back to 6.1.4. :) Also, the battery life was abysmal for me.

Looks good though and it is beta. Few more weeks for GM release so I'm just holding out patiently.

14. RollTide1017 macrumors regular

Nope, it's been like this ever since I installed beta 5 the day it was released. I didn't do a restore (ran the update from the phone not iTunes) and I have not downloaded anything from the apps store since then either.

15. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Only other thing I can think of is to sign out of the App Store and sign back in.

16. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I just noticed one bug though it hardly affects anything. Sometimes the mail icon has the 1 badge displayed even though I have no new mail. Seems slow to update or something, but its not every time, only occasionally.

17. SK360 macrumors 6502

My text/imessage notifications have completely stopped working. not even a badge on the icon.

18. notrack macrumors 6502

The 11th.

Additionally, when doing the crop of this screenshot I noticed that images smaller than the screen resolution are scaled up to full screen and you can't view it in it's actual 100% size (photos app). When pinching it smaller, it goes back to the list view.

And, when uploading an edited image from the image picker, it uploads the original instead the shown edited.

Attached Files:

19. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I also noticed that do not disturb when set to scheduled does not show up on status bar or does not work period. Wasn't completely sure on which and didn't try to investigate.

20. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's been working fine in the recent betas, including 5, for me at least. Are you sure it's set up to work while the phone is unlocked as well (in DND options)?

21. Di4mondz macrumors regular

There is one big that really annoys me. When you save a page to your home screen from Safari and it requires a profile, it never recognizes/ saves it..it's kinda hard to explain..

22. ry23 macrumors member

23. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Settings crashes sometimes. Also some random UI is out of place in Music.

24. TOOFY macrumors regular

I actually have more bugs in this release then ever before.

I am observing text message crashes. Safari crashes.. phone doesnt power on sometimes... test message noise is not heard.... text messages are heard incoming but not displayed while in the message.

This is pretty crappy for me.

25. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic