Any bugs with Leopard upgrade?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by powerbuddy, Mar 6, 2008.

1. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

I am sure some of you may have upgraded leopard from their Tiger copies on their Mac. Those of you who did it could tell me if you experienced any bugs or errors after doing an upgrade install? Or is the format HDD and clean install the way to go? What is the advantage of the latter over the former?

Thanks...getting my copy today and too psyched out to install it. :D

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi!

I set it up on an external hard drive, while still having Tiger on my internal. Doing so, I was able to play around with Leopard, while still having the security of having a up-and-running system.

Booting into Leopard was simple, there I set up all my apps, migrated everything over from Tiger. I did a clean install, since I wanted to get rid of all the old crap from Tiger (I tried out a lot of apps in my early Tiger days).

When I felt, I was ready to make the jump (basically after the 10.5.2 update), I cloned my Tiger installation to an external partition and clone my Leopard installation from another external partition to my internal and used the free space for Time Machine.

This worked great for me (and didn't give me any trouble, because I had Tiger always there to fall back to).

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert