Any Bumpers this weekend in Stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iMetalG5, Jun 26, 2010.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I've called 8 Apple Stores and none of them have any. One store said they were only selling bumpers (launch day) to people that had reserved/walk-ins???? while another store just said they only got 800 and they went within a few hours. One store told me I would be better off ordering it online and that I would get it by Friday or 7/6. Yet another store said a big shipment is coming Tuesday and there might be bumpers but to order online anyway as the demand for these things is just as high as the i4 and they will have a specific line for bumpers!? Another store told me they have lots of bumpers but they are all returns and they can't sell them.

Anyone out there get a bumper today? Maybe I'll just order it and forget about it.

2. OC513 macrumors 6502

called 3 local stores here in NY and all were sold out and no idea when they were getting new ones.

3. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I called a few stores in CA and all around the states just to get an idea. So far every store is busy and no bumpers... so its safe to say there won't be any for a while :(

4. Mark Booth macrumors 65816

Mark Booth

The Apple Store online is quoting 5-7 days on shipping of the black Bumper. That's probably the quickest way to get one.

Mark

5. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

I called up my local Apple store, they said they are selling them just as they get them in. I ordered one from the online store.

6. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I ordered a green one the day pre-orders started, but I also picked up a black one the day of launch. They had A LOT at the Cincy store, even two & a half hours into selling. Guess I was one of the lucky ones. :)

7. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

according to the last store I called this is what they said. Do not even bother waiting for them to come into the store. They said they won't get any until July 16. Online will be fulfilled first???? I take everything I am being told w/a grain of salt.

One store actually told me Tuesday ATT stores will receive Speck Candyshells and maybe other models.

8. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

On Thursday the AT&T store where I got my phone had Candyshells and iFrogz. I bought an iFrogz, but I think I'll return it once I get my bumper and Power Support shields. I like the case and all, but I don't want to end up having a drawer full of cases like I do for my 3G stuff.

9. Wallace macrumors member

Wallace

I called all Apple Stores in MI. They are also all out of stock and they have no clue when new bumpers will come in. Too bad that they didn't produce the same amount of bumpers like iPhone 4. Ordering online takes 5-7 days and I have to pay the shipping! They could at least offer free shipping...

Can anyone recommend other local stores who sell iPhone 4 cases? I checked just Bestbuy yesterday and don't have anything good....

10. ooo macrumors 6502

Soho, 5th ave and 14th? I was going to just go check myself, oh well saved me the trip.

I think if I ordered one it'd get here sooner.

11. OC513 macrumors 6502

correct.....all sold out. I even called Garden City & Manhassett......was gonna take a ride out to Long Island if they had them....no such luck.

12. jyj macrumors member

isn't that kinda like buying a shirt and then returning it after wearing it for a week? though, i do understand what you're saying about having too many cases that you don't use...but i guess i just wouldn't buy it in the first place! :eek:

13. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Kinda surprised they couldnt move more of these things.

14. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

just came from the store. its a freakin zoo still even though there are no i4s. I talked to the store mgr and she said there is a huge shipment coming on Monday but she highly doubts there will be any bumpers. She told me Best Buy and WalMart carry the bumper :p and to try them. Otherwise order it online. She went on her system and said there currently is no store that carries bumpers. I asked if any got returned and she smiled and said over 50 so far but they can't just sell it to me. They have to go back. Kinda stupid but...

Gonna just go to BB and pick up something until bumpers are back in stock. ATT said no Candy Shells, said they got 4 yesterday but were sold out in 1hr. They were purple though so... no thanks.

15. Eric5964 macrumors regular

Eric5964

I thought Best Buy actually had a nice selection. The Belkin Vue or the Griffin Reveal are both nice

Eric

16. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Both cases create isssues with the camera flash. I returned my reveal yesterday. It seems like no real good cases are out as of yet for the i4 :mad:

17. Nyse macrumors member

So I called three apple stores all within 100 miles of me. Everyone sold out Thursday. The last one I talked to said try best buy. I said, wow best buy carries them?!? She said some do. I called the closest best buy that was an hour away. After a half an hour of getting them on the phone, The convo went like this:

Me: so do you guys carry the apple bumper cases for the new iPhones?
    Dork:(in a stuttering voice) ye ye ye yeah for the iPhone 4? Sure.
    Me: the black bumpers that are made by apple?
    Dork: yeah we we we.... Um let me check right quick................... Ye ye ye yeah we have them.
    Me: great!!! Just wanted to make sure, thanks.
    Dork: sa sa so so are you having recep reception problems?
    Me: excuse me?
    Dork: are you hav hav having reception problems? Cause I heard a lot are and it fixes the prob prob proaaaaaablem.
    Me: not really I was just going to get one anyway before they sold out

Driving an hour away like a mad man I arrive at best buy. I'm looking around and don't see one apple case. There sets a whole tower of griffin cases. I pick up the one that looks the most like the apple bumper and go over to the phone sales guy. I know it him immediately when he opens his mouth speaking to an old man.

Cannnn can Can I help you he asks.
    Me: yeah where are your apple bumper cases?
    Dork: um um um um we don't have any apple cases, the closest one we have would be the grifff griff griffen. It's basically the same thing.
    Me: really, you told me on the phone an hour ago that you had the apple bumper cases?
    Dork: na na na no no, I don't remember telling anyone that.

Yeah right, like he thinks no one can forget this stuttering dork's voice on the phone!!!

So I need something to protect my phone and opt for the griffin with the clear back. At least I have some protection.

Lesson learned here:

Don't listen to the dorks at best buy. Oh that's right, they prefer to be called geeks.

18. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

For those looking to buy the Bumper it's better to order them online thru apple, I have also been looking for it with no luck so on friday I order 6 of them for me and fellow co-workers also looking for them too. I was surprised how big of a demand there is for the Bumpers so better safer to order online and wait it out. GL

19. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yes, and you can always cancel if suddenly a few bumpers crop up somewhere.

yes I know :)

20. -Knight- macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Correct, Thanks for adding that lol. Can't go wrong doing it this way.

21. runtohell121 macrumors 6502

There are a lot left at ValleyFair Apple Store in San Jose at Steven Creek.

22. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

can i order from that store to ship to CT? i doubt it right? i'll just order it online...then again aren't they going to be giving them away come monday? :p

23. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Does anyone think ATT will have bumpers this week?

24. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

the store I go to said ATT will not carry bumpers, only Apple

25. vabigpoppa macrumors member

everyone forgets about the upper westside apple store, i got a bumper today and they had PLENTY.