Any buyer remorse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NunnOtha, Oct 9, 2012.

1. NunnOtha macrumors member

As a huge supporter of Apple products (MacBook bro, iPod touch, iPad 3, iPhone 5, Apple TV) I have grown to love the items they produce due to many factors. I've bought every iPhone since the 3GS. Now, while playing with the 5, I feel kinda bored basically. I feel like I've bought the same item for 4 years straight. There's nothin wrong with the iPhone whatsoever, it's a great device with many bells and whistles but those bell and whistles don't make much sound anymore. I feel like my 4s is the exact same device with a smaller screen. Anyone else feeling like this purchase could have waited or was unnecessary? Anyone wish you could give another Platform a try for a while?

2. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

I'm fairly new to Apple, I started with a MBP last March and then bought an iPad. I then decided to get the 4s and then the 5. The 5 didn't feel like a huge step up in terms of experience. However, I now have a working environment where regardless of the device I am using my notes, emails etc are all synced together. For me personally there is no other integrated offering.

If you do want to try something different Android is a worthy alternative but if you value the integration of your Apple devices then you may not like it.

3. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

4 to 4S I was a little disappointed but not with the 5.

4. dfinecy macrumors regular

I upgraded from the 4 and I have no remorse whatsoever! I can't afford buying every cycle so I think the two year anticipation really helps. The 5 is vastly better than my 4 and has many new features that I haven't had. Couldn't be happier! :)

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This, 100%. I felt a bit silly and reckless with my 4S purchase coming from a 4, but jumping to the 5 feels like a completely new experience with my phone.

No remorse whatsoever.

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

People are talking of waiting for the 5s model and that moving from the 4s to the 5 is not warranted.

Many threads on this subject.

But after holding one of these and taking the time to use my colleagues and the shops demo model their are lots of pro's and cons to be argued over ,but in the end it comes down to
    Choice, eligibility for upgrade or new contract or disposable income.

Those coming from not having an iphone or a 3GS and 4 will get the bigger in awe factor I concede.

That said I currently use a 4s and am looking forward to getting my own 5 to own ,availability permitting.

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

2nd iphone for me (bought a 4s 11 months ago) and I can see it getting old in a year or two...

8. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Complete opposite. I'm thrilled with the iPhone 5 and it's my favorite purchase in quite some time.

9. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Granted, it hasn't changed much since 2007. That's either good or bad, timeless or stale, depending on what you value.

Personally I like the iPhone, and this new one is everything I like, but faster and better. So I'm happy. I admit, at first I was thinking it was just a taller 4s, but after living with it for a bit, it's noticeably superior to the 4. To make it significantly faster and more powerful, give it a bigger screen, make it lighter and thinner, AND somehow, have much better battery life, is not something that should be overlooked. I loved the 4s, I like the 5 even more. Not much more I could really want from a smartphone.

Often change for its own sake is not a good thing. A really good product should change slowly, through evolution, not revolution. I'd rather have a good product continuing to evolve and get ever more refined, than one that's always trying to wow me with mostly stuff that I don't need.

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

No, I'm happy with it.

The overall way iOS operates is the same, but there are significant updates with the 5 on the hardware side and the same applies to many of the previous models.

I've tried Android Galaxy S3 for 3 months. New system is cool, but like anything it gets and got old. At the end of the day, the iPhone has the best apps and tools for what I need to accomplish.

As far as bells and whistles. Think about where you feel the iPhone could improve and what if any device on the market provides what you're looking for.

11. aneftp macrumors 68040

I really don't understand these "buyer's remorse" threads.

One was posted a week and a half ago. Same thing.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1456587&highlight=buyer+s+remorse

You got 14 days -30 days(formerly ATT's old 30 day return policy that they just changed 2 days ago).

But you got at least a 14 day return window. If you got any remorse, return the phone. If you brought it at apple store, no restocking fee. Should be zero buyer's remorse. If you brought it at ATT/Verizon/Sprint...maybe a $35 restocking fee.

So the only people who have "true buyer's remorse" are those who purchased on ebay/craigslist.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

LTE is really the biggest change I notice. If the upgrade was everything it is minus LTE, I would have remorse and wish I stayed with the 4S.

13. mr lee macrumors member

mr lee

I came from the 4 to the 5, and I can honestly say it was much more of an improvement than i expected. But I can see how people going from the 4s to the 5 didn't give them the "wow" factor they were hoping for. Allot of features the 4 didn't have, the 5 or improved on/or added. Also the addition to having LTE now was another reason I waited for the 5. I usually skip the "s" models and go for the next version to help keep the interest in iPhones.

14. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

My perfect iPhone 5 would have had a wider and not just taller screen and kept the same thickness and used the extra space for more battery and strength. We have already seen multiple units bending.

15. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

The more I use the iPhone 5 the more I love it. The overall speed of the OS is amazing and LTE is a huge leap.

No regrets at all and this is coming from a 4S.

16. iAi macrumors 6502

4 to 5; absolutely no remorse and loving & enjoying every minute of it.

It's totally different planets, night & day difference, dude.

Try out something else if you are bored and you might be in for some unpleasant surprises / "excitement".

17. MGCP macrumors member

Still waiting to buy mine (which is why I keep visiting this forum for news).

I remember feeling a bit disappointed for a while after buying my iPad 3. I think I was expecting too much really. It is a bit like buying a really fantastic tv, rushing home, setting it up, spending a few minutes marvelling at how sharp it is before deciding that there isn't much on that you want to watch (and wandering off to read a book!). The pleasure of the iPad is that it is a nice way to consume content, but the content itself is what is really important, to the extent that your device should be almost "invisible" and just let you enjoy that content.

I suspect a new iPhone 5 will feel similar. In the end I make calls, browse the web and use the odd app. Nothing will really change and any feeling of newness will quickly disappear as "new phone" just becomes "phone". I guess that is when people start looking for the next technology "hit" with the release of a new version so they can repeat the process of anticipation, release, excitement, acceptance, boredom and then anticipation again!

18. sluggozmom macrumors 6502

sluggozmom

19. NunnOtha thread starter macrumors member

I'm glad that most of you guys are happy with your purchases. LTE was a great addition but I'm usually always on wifi. The larger screen is nice but most of my apps still use the smaller view. And yes the phone is freakishly fast but I felt the same way about all of them before iOS updates began rolling out. Siri comprehends better and is more time efficient but i hardly use siri unless im driving. The UI is extremely polished and this may be why I refuse to try something else, but it seems that apple isn't going for innovation anymore. Simple is nice, but after 4 years of viewing the same home screen, one row of additional icons isn't much to behold.

20. cababah macrumors 68000

Upgraded from 4S to a 5 and had to pay a bit extra but have absolutely ZERO remorse. I love this phone so much more than my 4S.

One word that describes why I could never go back to any other iPhone...."LTE"

Oh yeah, the battery life is better, the screen is better, the performance is amazing, I love the extra screen real estate for e-mail viewing and web browsing. It's a black model and scuffs-be-damned (have it in a slim case).

21. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Nope, I'm thrilled with the 5. It's the best phone I've ever phoned. We've had every phone since the original in our house. They get better and better each time. Is it a revolutionary change? Nope. I didn't expect a revolutionary change. Is it the best phone on the market? I think so.

22. maverick22 macrumors 6502

The way I use my phone, if I already had a 4s I wouldn't jump to the 5. Just doesn't seem like much of an upgrade since I won't be taking advantage of LTE (I am on the Internet all day at work and if I need to on my PC at home). I have a 4 right now and am looking forward to just the overall speed increase of the phone and better camera. My power button on my 4 is pushed nearly all the down and has been this way for a few months. Looking forward to getting a 5.

23. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I have owned an iPhone since the 3G, got rid of my 4 back in May and went to Android (Samsung Galaxy). Nothing wrong with Android but needless to say I am now back to iPhone. It is just very simple, easy to use, reliable, fast...and much more! I am very happy to be back and the 5 looks super sexy ;o)

24. beowulfPKR macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 was way too slow and I was sick of the smaller screen. I'm thrilled with the iPhone 5, the LTE is fantastic and the screen size is finally up to par. My only regret is not being able to properly evaluate the Nokia 920, but I know I will be happy with the iPhone 5 for the next 2 years.

25. richmds macrumors regular

I know what you mean OP. I work in a company that will supply you with any smartphone you request. So even though I have an iPhone I can get a Galaxy, Evo, etc... and I have tried about 5 in the last couple years. Initially you get excited and play with it but after 2 weeks the excitement wanes.

Then you just realize you use whatever gets the job done with an interface you prefer. Right now I am back to iPhone.