Any camera features working in the GM?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ethan028, Sep 10, 2013.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Just wondering if burst mode or anything new camera stuff is available for iPhone 5 currently in the GM?

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Burst mode is iPhone 5s only. Same with the slow motion. All the other new features have been working on the betas.

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/camera/

3. CanesDrew macrumors regular

CanesDrew

It is my understanding that those features are iPhone 5S features and NOT iOS 7 features as they were introduced during the iPhone 5S presentation. But I have not installed the GM yet. I will install it when I get home however and can report back.

4. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

As they stated ^^^^^^

Burst mode is only on the 5S, not iOS7

But to generally answer your question, GM is the final version of the beta and is essentially identical to the final release. So a this point, all the features (supported by your device) should be working with no issues

5. GreyOS macrumors 68030

The proper Burst Mode isn't available on iPhone 5 but it's worth mentioning that you can still hold the shutter button to constantly take photos. I've no idea if you could do this before, but pretty neat. It's nothing like 10 photos a second, nor can you pick a fav etc.

edit: Actually, not that neat. You can take photos quicker just by quickly tapping the button repeatedly. You could probably achieve 10 per second if you're good at that fast tapping. So probably another thing Apple have artificially limited to the new iPhone...

6. barnetty macrumors member

I tried holding the camera button on Beta 6 and it didnt do anything.

Now on GM it does take multiple pics....

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, same here. So, some "light" version of the burst mode seems to exist in iOS 7 in general.

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Like I said though you're better off pressing the button repeatedly - much faster. 'Light' Burst Mode adds nothing - except maybe a little bit more stability.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

It actually works pretty quickly, so depending on how quickly you press the button yourself, and the likely shakiness that alone can add, using this version of the burst mode might be more than enough for a lot of people.

10. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

What I define as Burst Mode is working fine on my 4S and is a really useful addition.

If I hold down the shutter, it'll take 10 photos in very quick succession.

I too had thought this was 5S only, so was really pleased as it's great.

It wasn't in Beta 6, because I tried it.

11. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Oh nice! Thanks for the info.

12. GreyOS macrumors 68030

False info, it's 'Burst Mode' light... it just takes lots of photos (At a far slower rate than on the 5S), it doesn't pick the best one and you don't a Favourite selection process and so on.

13. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Yep sure. Out of interest though I decided to see how they compared. Pretty sad... I pointed my iPhone 5 at a clock and took photos in both ways over 3-4 seconds to see which would capture the most of any of the clock's seconds during that period.

Holding the button, it did 2-3 per second. Pressing the button as fast as possible managed 5-7 per second.

14. KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

It's not false info at all.

Everything I said is 100% accurate. Obviously it's going to be slower than on a 5S.

I'm just greatful to have this new feature - one I'll make use of !!!

15. GreyOS macrumors 68030

Sorry, but the feature they talked about in the announcement and demo is iPhone 5S only. Sure, you can now take multiple photos holding the button on older iPhones. Very nice little addition. But it isn't what they talked about in the demo. It's not just the slower speed that differentiates it, but the associated features I mentioned above, which make Burst Mode a coherent new feature worth selling and not just "you can now hold it instead of pressing it several times."

Sorry, I don't mean to be an ass, but it's worth clarifying for people. I don't mean to diminish your enjoyment of this new feature :)

16. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I don't care about the slower speed or other fancy options that come with the 5S camera, but I do care that Apple gave us this 'lite' version of the feature.

17. twylie macrumors newbie

18. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Doesn't work on my iPhone 4S nor on my iPad 4. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an option to enable video zoom in iOS 7 GM?

19. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

Burst mode works on my 5. Just hold in the shutter button

20. Zeeshee macrumors regular

Seems we will have a new GM on 18 as apple forgot too many things in current build.

21. Damolee macrumors 6502

It isn't burst mode on the 5, that isn't what burst mode is.

See what the HTC One X , S3 etc do. That is burst mode.

The iPhone 5 is more than capable of doing this and apps such as Snappy Cam prove this.

Apple are just purposely crippling the stock camera app to give extra incentive to buy a 5S.

22. dylzen macrumors member

dylzen

I am a bit disappointed, how is my 4S not capable of zooming while shooting a video? They completely removed the function after it didn't work in betas...

23. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

That isn't burst mode.

"Burst mode continuously captures 10 photos per second, letting you take hundreds of images so you don’t miss a moment. Intelligent software algorithms work behind the scenes to analyze all the shots in real time, comparing sharpness and clarity and even detecting when someone’s eyes are closed. Then iPhone suggests individual photos or a sequence of photos that you might like best."

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/camera/

24. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

As being said, you can hold the button down and take multiple photos, it's more of a repeat or continuously shooting non-HDR shots, not a full-feature burst mode as described w/5s.

Live filters, square photos are there. Zoom while shooting video is there. These are all nice little additions for iPhone 5.

25. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I think I'll skip the 5S and just stick with my camera+ app for burst and slow pro for slow mo videos