Any car stereos compatible w/iphone 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mikein21061, Sep 14, 2008.

1. mikein21061 macrumors newbie

hi guys, I was planning on buying a new all in one car stereo, maybe with navigation. any car steroes out there (or on there way?) that can let me plug in my iphone to the ipod/usb to the stereo, but still be able to use the phone. At the car stereo stores around town, they all force you to put your iphone into airplane mode. phoney no workey. :confused:

or, know of any work-arounds, better ideas?
    gracias! :D
    mike

2. SayWhat?! macrumors newbie

Car Stereo Connection

I have a JVC HD Radio/CD/FM/AM Receiver. It accepts an external CD changer input, and an External Input.

I cable this external input to the Stereo headphone jack to play the iPod tunes & videos thru the stereo. (If you do this, be careful to enable the Stereo external input ONLY AFTER you have connected the jack to the iPhone. This could save a speaker.)

I also use a bluetooth headset when driving.

When a call comes in, the stereo automatically mutes so I can answer the call.

When I hang up the call, play resumes automatically.

AND, no airplane mode is required!

Works great for me!

3. aandf1978 macrumors member

I have the Pioneer Avic D3 with the bluetooth add on. The iPhone works great with it, only thing is, is that the bluetooth add on will not synch the iPhones phonebook. I guess it is something inside the firmware, which sucks. I have heard of others including the ford synch system that will do a phonebook transfer.