Any case like otterbox commuter?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cjshino, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Cjshino macrumors regular

I love my otterbox case but im looking for something more stylish but also has good enough protection without being bulky. Any ideas? Its for a 4s btw

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

IMO,

the best protection, and thinnest case there is.. is the incase slider. love it.

once my phone was ran over face down.. the screen cracked of course.. due to pressure. but the back and innards were just fine.. phone still worked.

3. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

I have had the Incase slider on all of my iPhones (3G, 4, 5). My only issue with the 4 was that the oversized plug for my car charger cause a crack on the bottom of my case. That was more the charger's fault than the case.

After my flat black slider cracked I bought the Slider Pro. It was white with a black rubber edging. I dropped my phone, it bounced off of a car (I tried and failed to catch it) and landed on the top corner on the concrete from about 4 feet. The case had a small crack but the phone was untouched.

I highly recommend the Slider.

4. Koebot macrumors member

Incipio Dual Pro and Urban Armor Gear are nice cases.

Nice case but offers no impact absorption. They have the Slider Pro now with a soft frame.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

Yeah the slider pro does for sure have more impact absorption..
    but it does offer impact protection, there are rubber inlays on the inside. as well as the coating is rubberized on all but the white case.

6. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

The pro is what I had on mine when I dropped it. Great protection.

7. Brettka7 macrumors regular

How is Incase's quality lately? I know late 2009 their cases took a dive for the worse for a bit. Haven't tried them again since.