Any case recommendations for the New iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iRalph, Jun 8, 2012.

1. iRalph macrumors member

Hello! I got a 3rd generation iPad yesterday as an 8th grade graduation gift... and I'm having a tough time deciding what case/cases should I get:

I need a folio case for when I have to take my iPad to school. I really want this case to:

Have a simple design, protect the back of my iPad from scratches, and if its possible to also protect the corners of the iPad... So far this is my favorite: http://www.amazon.com/CaseCrown-Standby-Built-magnet-feature/dp/B004R7A9NU/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

What folio case do you guys recommend me to buy?

Also because folio cases can be really annoying for playing games my parents got me a smart cover, that I use when I'm home...But I feel I need a case to protect the back of my iPad but I also want to be able to use the smart cover with the back case on, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Incase-CL5796...GLQ2/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1339201577&sr=8-6

What case should I buy?

THANKS!!!

2. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Piel Frama real leather cases made in Spain. Excellent protection, elegant, and very comfortable feel, but a bit pricey. Sellers eBay have often have good deals.

3. WindWaker macrumors regular

I use the X-Gear smart cover extender and a smart cover. Looks good and works well. Used it on two iPad's now, no complaints.

4. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

Be sure to check out the Accessory section for the iPad, found here. There are a lot of people discussing this very thing in there.

I can't help you on the folio-style, but I do have a back shell with the Smart Cover

Right now I'm rocking the Apple Smart Cover along with a Deviceware Union back shell. Its just a thin shell, so it doesn't provide that much protection from drops. It does keep the back from getting all scratched up and has an awesome metal strip to keep the smart cover stuck when its folded around back instead of flopping around all over the place. Its inexpensive and comes in 3 colors. I love it.

I don't like bulky cases, but the Union isn't bulky at all and works very well with the Smart Cover. They make another one that incorperates the smart cover built into it. I forget what the name of it is. I already had a Smart Cover so the Union is perfect.

5. knimetimmy macrumors member

6. chokem macrumors 6502

Seidio Active in dark royal blue. I've had Otter and Incipio, but this is my favorite.

7. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

8. knimetimmy macrumors member

He just graduated 8th grade... No offence op but I wouldn't recommend that...
    Chances are he will drop it..

9. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69