Any cases/bumper for 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by absolutic, Dec 28, 2011.

1. absolutic macrumors regular

Just purchased Iphone 4S for Verizon last night and noticed that Apple Bumper case that I had used with Iphone 4 for the last 18 months does not fit of course, becase 4S vibrate switch is lower, and the volume up/down buttons are not precisely at the same spot as those on iphone 4. I checked by placing Iphone 4s and Iphone 4 next to each other. I've tried several cases before and Apple bumper turned out to be the most simple and useful protection.

Now, Apple does not make a bumper case for 4S it seems (I wonder why). Is there a bumper-like case that actually fits 4s with its button/switch placement, hopefully in white because my Iphone 4s is white?

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I don't have the links handy but SGP has them if you Google it you'll find it. Plus there are many others. Just Google iPhone 4S bumper case.

3. absolutic thread starter macrumors regular

It seems that the link you provided is the original bumper case. I tried a black one on Iphone 4S and it does not fit as I described above.

----------

I tried but it keeps sending me to iphone 4 bumper cases, not iphone 4s bumper cases. I'll try again I guess.

4. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

I just bought one today for my 4S and it fits perfectly. It says right in the description it's for the 4S.

5. racedude macrumors member

You most likely may have bought an older version of the bumper, so return it to where you bought it from and buy one from either the Apple store online or an Apple retail store. Apple had released bumper cases prior to the release to the Verizon iPhone that fit only the AT&T iPhone 4 (not 4s) that had the vibrate switch moved up. Following the release of the Verizon iPhone 4 (that has the same location of switches as the 4S), they released an updated bumper with a larger area for the volume switch so it was compatible with both the iPhone 4 for AT&T and the CDMA iPhone 4 for Verizon (and now the 4S). Sounds like you picked up a bumper that was made prior to the release of the CDMA iPhone 4 which is why it doesn't fit!

6. absolutic thread starter macrumors regular

Perfect, that explains it and makes sense. I must have had an old AT&T Bumper case that Apple was giving for free at the time they had issue with antenna if you recall. I'll go to the Apple store tomorrow and get the right case - problem solved!

7. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Stores should have only the white package ones at this point. Grey package were the old ones from my understanding.

8. Phone Junky macrumors 6502

Like I said, I just bought one and it fit perfectly, but for some reason, you didn't seem to believe me. :)