any chance apple beats delayed ship date?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doctorjsh, Jun 17, 2010.

1. doctorjsh macrumors newbie

Shipping July 14th but anyone with experience ordering new apple products have a feel for the likelihood that they will ship significantly earlier and they are just being conservative?

2. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I'd plan on not being shipped until the date your order says.

3. christyn macrumors 6502a

maybe a day or two, but nothing much earlier than that.

4. Mercaptan macrumors regular

I've found most Apple ship dates to be rather conservative. My laptops always arrived a lot earlier than the arrival estimate.

But product releases, especially big ones like this, are different. My 3GS arrived exactly when they said it would, which was release day. The case with the 4 right now, while I imagine they're leaving themselves some room, they're really strained for supplies now.

5. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I think there is a decent chance of at least a few days. I think one reason apple pushed back the dates so fast was because they didn't even know how many att orders they had because of the pen and paper thing. So once they get real numbers they might realize they have enough stock. This is just a theory though of course. good luck.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i agree, i dont see how they wont have enough phones ready before july 14th. i think they state that for safe play.

7. doteyes9 macrumors member

As its been said before, when read carefully, it says "Ships by X/Y" Basically you are promised that it will ship BY that date, so it is promised to ship on that day, or possibly before. If supplies are more than they expected, and by the odd chance that some people cancel an order for an earlier date, some people might just see a bump up in their delivery date. Most likely its not going to happen, but its just a thought.