Any chance Apple bought and used Grokr for ios 7?

JMoSox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
There was mention earlier this month when grokr announced they were pulling their app from app store, that maybe Apple had purchased them. Any chance Apple did and is using some of this function in ios 7? (i.e. Today in notification center)

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
I've never heard of that company, but I don't think Apple buys a company to implement the today view, seems a lil exaggerated haha... what else did they do, do you have any article? :)
Don't even know what app they did soo ermm, I don't know anything at all.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So far still just speculation from earlier in the month: m.cnet.com/news/is-grokr-apples-foray-into-predictive-search/57587476?ds=1

cfairbank

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2006
Not so sure. I received an email invite to their new project NEXT right before they shut down grokr. Next is supposed to be an updated version or a new take on grokr. Doesn't make much sense since grokr was only out less than 6 mo.

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
The only possible justification I can think of for buying a company strictly for the 'today' view would be that the company had some iron-clad patents and Apple really wanted them.

dmcwally

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2009
As of now grokr labs has put out the app fantastic. A music app that integrates with your music. I don't know much about it. Today I just tweeted to them asking of they plan on bringing grokr back to ios device and this is the message they tweeted back to me.

Attachments