Any chance Apple bought and used Grokr for ios 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JMoSox, Jun 14, 2013.

1. JMoSox macrumors newbie

There was mention earlier this month when grokr announced they were pulling their app from app store, that maybe Apple had purchased them. Any chance Apple did and is using some of this function in ios 7? (i.e. Today in notification center)

2. iPusch macrumors 6502

iPusch

I've never heard of that company, but I don't think Apple buys a company to implement the today view, seems a lil exaggerated haha... what else did they do, do you have any article? :)
    Don't even know what app they did soo ermm, I don't know anything at all.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

So far still just speculation from earlier in the month: m.cnet.com/news/is-grokr-apples-foray-into-predictive-search/57587476?ds=1

4. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Not so sure. I received an email invite to their new project NEXT right before they shut down grokr. Next is supposed to be an updated version or a new take on grokr. Doesn't make much sense since grokr was only out less than 6 mo.

5. derbladerunner macrumors 6502

6. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

The only possible justification I can think of for buying a company strictly for the 'today' view would be that the company had some iron-clad patents and Apple really wanted them.

7. dmcwally macrumors member

As of now grokr labs has put out the app fantastic. A music app that integrates with your music. I don't know much about it. Today I just tweeted to them asking of they plan on bringing grokr back to ios device and this is the message they tweeted back to me.

Attached Files: