Any chance for a new iPad revision before Christmas?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PhaserFuzz, Sep 3, 2010.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

My folks are most likely buying me an iPad for Christmas this year. I was just curious if there's any chance Apple will revise them for the holiday season? Or would I be better off just getting a gift card and waiting for the new model early next year? Thanks for any suggestions.

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I wouldn't see a new model before a year from the last release date. There would be a lot of pissed people, including me.

3. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

According to the other posts in the forum, NO!

4. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

They are having enough trouble keeping up with demand now, so why change to a new model this early?

6. lozpop macrumors 6502

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

They still haven't launched worldwide yet. No way a new model is coming until April, probably later.

8. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Easy solution.

Ask for cash. Put it aside until the next i-Whatever is released that strikes your fancy. Buy it then. Patience is a virtue.

9. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

There is always hope... but don't underestimate Apple's desire to milk a cash cow. So no, there is no possibility of a new iPad before Christmas. Unless it's a smaller one, provided that it won't put people off buying the larger models.

10. Trapped Wind macrumors member

I dont know why this keeps on coming up but Apple's product cycles are annual. The iPhone is every June. MacBooks, January and the iPad around the same time it arrived this year. April or May.

11. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Addition _not_ Revision

It will be called an iPad, and it will have a 7" display... :)

Be Happy

12. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Software revision, November around Thanksgiving.

Hardware revision, late April or May 2011.

13. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

14. Relg3! macrumors regular

Relg3!

Solution given

15. torakun macrumors newbie

I'm kinda glad hearing this. I planned to buy too until I realized that the 1st adopter will get punished by apple. But now that it's safe to assume that I can still enjoy the device without worry at least for another 7 months, I'm buying it next week!

Now is there anyone that can direct me to a website that have a very good advices (Specially on apps) for a first time ipad user (but long time itunes store customer that is)?

Thanks in advance!

16. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Nope. Not till spring. We may see a preview in January. I'm sure if the 7 inch iPad rummor is true it will happen next year with the second gen ipad.

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I honestly don't know how people are so certain that the iPad will revised on this month or that month. It seems some posters have taken their *assumptions* and are arrogantly passing that off as fact. The buyers guide on this site doesn't yet list the iPad at all because there is no refresh history to base a recommendation on.

I have no idea when the iPad will be revised and neither does anyone here--unless they hold high level executive positions at Apple. Its been long enough since the iPad was introduced that I'd consider waiting at this point--and definitely if its a Christmas present. However, read the opinions of people who already own them here. Pay particular attention to what they say about screen resolution and cameras, that may help you decide.

18. GekiRed macrumors regular

I was planning on buying one this month, but I'd rather buy a new iPod Touch (which I'm importing from Amazon in the US and having it shipped to a friend there who'll ship it to me in return thus not having to pay the infamous Apple UK Premium Tax) and wait till next year to buy a 2nd Gen iPad instead even though it would be handy for my university studies (in any case, a lot of the Apps I want to use for my studies will work on the iPod Touch anyway)

19. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

We are saying around spring since apples rep is always to update products annually

20. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

What does this have to do with anything regarding this thread?

21. GekiRed macrumors regular

Are you always this rude or is this a common trait amongst Apple fanboys/girls (FYI, I'm not a Apple fanboy and I'd rather burn in hell than be one! I'm purely interested in the iPod Touch/iPad for the use of Apps and the playing of the odd piece of media, nothing more!)

And in any case, my previous post HAS something to do with this thread because I said clearly that I am planning on buying a iPad but I'd rather wait to buy a 2nd Gen version instead of buying one now knowing that in 7-9 months time, there'll be a better version available! I'm going to university this month and even though I could easily afford to buy a 64GB iPad, I'd rather wait till next year instead.

22. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

It might be a trait among Apple enthusiasts who are constantly bombarded with the same old useless and tired threads day in and day out. As for burning in hell be careful what you ask for. Third, considering the iPad has not even reached global launch stages do you really think Apple will risk cannibalizing the current iPad by launching a new one? Really? Four, there will always be a better version than the current version. I would think this was rather obvious. If you would rather wait why feel the need to share this with a group of strangers? You have a point in wanting to wait as you have a point in wanting to get it now. Either way it is a win-win, or a lose-lose. At the end of the day it is your decision.

23. Glideslope Suspended

Glideslope

Nothing till Jan 2011 with the Verizon iPhone 4, and at&t having exclusive rights to Rev B. iPad with Camera and Face Time. :apple:

24. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Only Apple knows for sure... but the next model will be a 7 inch model.

25. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Apple doesn't care whether or not you are pissed off. They care about making money and they do that by constantly designing and bringing to market new and innovative products. They have already made millions of profit off the current iPad version.