any chance for a screen 1 inch larger

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Acorn, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

i was wondering if there is any chance they would enlarge the ipod touch screen just by 1 inch to match the sony psp screen size. it doesnt sound like alot but for movies and games it really helps to have that extra inch. i dont think that would impose on its size to much. apple already has a higher screen res so that is ok but id love to see that extra inch. maybe i am just picky but it really improves the experience.

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Doubt it. It would be very difficult to maintain the resolution they have now on a larger screen.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Why should they match the PSP screen? Both are for totally different things. I'm sure they would eventually increase the screen by half an inch or so though.

A friend of mine picked a 4inch android phone the other day and that extra half inch really does make a big difference.

4. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

It's possible but they would have to make adjustments to the processor and such to be able to run such a high resolution.

That's why there will be no "retina display" on the iPad 2. Such a high resolution on such a big device would be very hard and would require a very fast processor.

And why should apple follow in SONY's footsteps? They've already proven they have a mind of their own. They don't follow anybody. Infact, they were the ones that started the "tablet madness."

And if you hate viewing vids and stuff on such a small screen, buy an iPad. ;)