Any chance my iPhone 6 could arrive earlier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mattlb, Sep 13, 2014.

1. mattlb macrumors newbie

Hey users, sorry first post.

I was a little bit of a noob on launch day, I slept through my alarm and ended up ordering an iPhone 6 64GB Space Grey around 11am from the official Apple Website.

I think I made a common mistake, and ordered it with a sim + a case, so my ETA of delivery is 3-4 weeks. Specifically October 10th?

Is it, even a teeny bit possible if Apple's stock settles I could get it sent earlier? I feel like i'm going to be green with envy with everyone unboxing and using their phones and I pretty much have to wait another month because I slept it.

I guess you really do pay the price by your mistakes :eek:

Long story short, is this possible or not?

PS:
    Anyway, just a quick message - long time lurker of this site. Been very helpful in the past, if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have known to use the mobile/app version of the store to get a quicker purchase! :D

Thanks

Matt

2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

I'm 99.9% sure Apple has notified shipping companies NOT to deliver iPhones until 19 September. Breaking that embargo could cause for loss of shipping contracts for said companies. I'm sure they'd rather not lose that delicious Apple money. :cool:

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

In years past people got their phones before the stores started selling them, I believe recently Apple has communicated with the shipping companies to make sure they arrive on the 19th not before.

4. mattlb thread starter macrumors newbie

I think you misread my post

if it's scheduled to be delivered to me by October 10th is it possible for it to come earlier, or am I actually gonna have to wait 3-4 weeks.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, its possible but for the time being I think you need to rely on the estimate to be fairly accurate. If it does come early imo, i think it won't be much sooner then the 3-4 week estimate you were given.

6. Jazper macrumors 6502a

7. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Slim chance, maybe early a day or two but the Plus was in short supply.